jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How can I get Google traffic?

1. Chriswillman90 profile image97
    Chriswillman90posted 2 years ago

How can I get Google traffic?

I get traffic from other places but barely from Google. Does it only depend on my use of SEO or are there other things to get traffic from there.

2. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

I think SEO helps but it shouldn't be the main reason for not getting any traffic from Google. If you're getting a trickle of traffic you should in theory be able to get increased numbers as your articles mature and gain credence with viewers.
    Often it's a question of time and patience but I understand the frustration if you're hardly getting any traffic.

I would check to see that your hubs are all indexed, without issues, and viable for the Google index. If all is well from this angle then I would concentrate on improving all your hubs to maximise their potential.

Writing for HP is a great experience and I hope you're learning a lot but bear in mind that even the best writers sometimes cannot get a hub to 'work' - some hubs just don't make it unfortunately - and it's always worth trying to improve them in my opinion.

Go to the learning center for more help.

Keep reading and learning. The forums are good places to get sound advice and information.

I wish you all the best in your quest for more traffic!

Chriswillman90posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for all the advice and encouragement. I do enjoy this site and it's a good stepping point for many. I've heard other Hubbers say it takes patience, but I'll definitely edit and improve my hubs to get a better outlook.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Google absolutely hates content-farm sites like HubPages and is seemingly bent on destroying them one by one.

Oh I've heard that before too. I guess we're murderers in Google's eyes then.

4. Kristen Howe profile image91
    Kristen Howeposted 2 years ago

I promote and share my hubs everyday, especially if they're new via Twitter, Facebook, Google plus and sometimes Pinterest and at HP.

I have to do more of that. I heard Pinterest is one of the best way to promote hubs, but then some Hubbers say it's better to write more quality hubs then promote.

5. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I share my new hubs on Facebook groups, Google+, Pinterest and Twitter. Most of my views by far comes from within Hub Pages, followed by Pinterest, and Google a long third. Total views seem to increasing this month however, so I'd just say continue to write, share, and be patient.

working