How can I improve my hubs?
So I published my first Hub here on Hubpages after being a long time reader. I was happy with it and almost imidiately got a couple of comments. But the hub was removed and needs improving. I rewrote few paragraphs, gave a couple of links to interesting (in my opinion) saurces, split the text in different capsules to add imges and titles, added more content. And republished.. But it was braught down again. I am out of ideas what more to say about the topic so anything else I can do?
1) Have someone proofread your content for grammatical errors.
2) Be sure you aren't quoting so many other sources that hubpages thinks you've plagarized or that it's "spammy" for having too many links.
3) Make a list of questions people might have on your subject and make sure your article does a better job of answering those questions than the top google hits on your keyword.
4) Make sure the flow of your hub is logical. (Should you reorder your capsules?)
5) Make sure your article has the keyword in the title
6) Make sure each image is from a reliable source and of good quality, source credit is properly given, and each photo capsule has a title and a caption. Bonus points if you can put your keyword into the titles and captions.
7) Be sure you put your hub into the best category possible.
If you check through those 7 things you should fix the problem. If you want to email me the text and print screens of the hub I'd be happy to give you more specific feedback.
There are several sites online that you could run your articles through to help with your mistakes. Grammerly, PaperRater, Ginger,etc. can proofread for errors and help you learn from any mistakes.
You should be able to find some online.
by Marcy Goodfleisch3 years ago
Do you have ideas on ways HP could improve the site or its usability in the coming year? No flaming, please; hoping to have some serious and helpful suggestions for staff to consider.Please share your ideas on:...
by Novel Treasure3 years ago
I just logged in and it shows every single one of my hubs highlighted in pink, to need review. The majority of these were well trafficked and featured hubs or editor's choice. Did something happen? I tried looking in...
by Mikeydoes7 years ago
I am okay at writing and can go way more in depth then I have, however I am not sure it is necessary to have a good profitable hub. I only do things that are fun to me, but I was just wondering about a couple things.1.)...
by Audrey Hunt3 years ago
Just had a big drop on my profile score. And all my hubs were featured along with a steady 10 Editors Choice. I say 'were' because 3 were just unfeatured and I don't know what to do about that. My...
by John Paolo B.Magdaluyo5 years ago
If I wont publish new hubs maybe 2 to 3 days what would happen?I am really enjoying HP community and writing new hubs. But couple of days and in the future I may not work on my other planned hubs due to my...
by Butch Tool3 years ago
I have two hubs up so far. I am not entirely sure what a great ranking would be considering that they are quite new, but they are both above 60. Is this pretty good for newly established hubs? I would appreciate any...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.