jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Why didn't the hubs I shared show up in the feed?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 2 years ago

Why didn't the hubs I shared show up in the feed?

I don't share my own hubs often, but I wanted to share two to commemorate the anniversary of my 3-year-old nephew's death. Poems I had written. Dang.

2. cam8510 profile image97
    cam8510posted 2 years ago

I sent a message once to the HP staff asking this exact question.  The answer was that they didn't think we needed to see our own hubs in the feed.  I suppose it's a way of discouraging sharing our own hubs.

1. cam8510 profile image97
      cam8510posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Another way to get your hub back in the feed is to make a general comment in the comment area.  Of course I've never done such a thing (crossing finger and toes) but I'm sure it would work just fine.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image90
      Victoria Lynnposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting. We used to see out own in the feed. I like seeing them to make sure everything looks right, is spelled right, etc--and to see the comments.

3. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

Your hub did show up in my feed. I left a comment there. As Chris Mills said in his answer, it probably just doesn't show up in your own feed.

Thanks, Glenn. They used to show up. That's annoying. I wonder if it shows up now that there are comments there. I'd like to at least read the comments!

2. Glenn Stok profile image99
      Glenn Stokposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Vicki, yes, it will show up in your own feed when comments are left, as long as you are following it. Following your own hub is automatic but you may have inadvertently disabled that.

4. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 2 years ago

Maybe if you signed out and opened hubpages.com you'd see what everyone else sees?

That's a thought. I shouldn't have to, though. They used to show up! Oh, well. Thanks!

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

I think you need someone to share your hub to the feed

6. Rachel L Alba profile image95
    Rachel L Albaposted 2 years ago

I tried sharing a hub once and a box popped up saying it wasn't a good thing to share your own hubs.  So I didn't do it.  I didn't understand why not.  Did they think it sounded like bragging?

working