Question to experienced hubbers: How to get good hubscores?

1. adevwriting profile image77
    adevwritingposted 2 years ago

Question to experienced hubbers: How to get good hubscores?

Hello, experienced hubbers! The hubscores of my hubs are in the range 60-70. According to your experiences, what can I do to improve my hubs so that they cross the range?

Please don't give links to the learning center. I think I can find it on my own smile

Thanks!

Image from Pixabay

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12598711_f260.jpg

2. Mitch Charman profile image77
    Mitch Charmanposted 2 years ago

Hi D Arun,

I'm by no means an experienced or seasoned hubber but, having just arrived, I've got plenty of tips and advice fresh in mind from a whole variety of hubs, learning centre articles, and external sources.

Make sure you tick all the boxes. Literally. As you write, keep looking at the top right where it checks little boxes based on each goal you reach. The number of words you have is a huge one, 3 or more pictures go a long way, and even if it really isn't needed, add a rating capsule, video, or poll.

I've only written one article at the moment. It's featured with a rating of 72: not fantastic, but certainly a solid point to build upon. I simply checked each of the boxes. I added a star-rating capsule which wasn't necessary and no one has used, but it assisted in getting it right up there. I also included a video against my initial judgement, and I believe it benefited the article's content in the end too. These restrictions can certainly enhance your creative process, another benefit aside from a rating-enhancer.

I don't know if or how the content of your articles affect your rating, but many people say content is king (good Hubpages advice as well as career). My hub received a few comments and three-figure views, which leads me to believe a hub's rating is at least partially weighted by the amount if interest people have in it. If this is the case, I recommend (on behalf of those who've recommended the same to me) doing some keyword research and advertising your hubs. Writing them is only a fraction of the work, spreading the word via social media is definitely the next step.

If you've done all of this or it isn't the advice you're looking for, I'm happy to revisit my answer to assist you.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago

Your scores aren't bad, actually, but if you want higher ones you need to hit all of the marks they want you to hit:

Good structure and grammar
    Title matches content
    Content is focused
    At least 3 properly accredited photos
    At least one Video
    One poll or other interactive addition
    At least 1000 words long
    Divided into appropriate capsules with correct and meaningful titles

It's a lot of work, but it pays off in terms of hub score.  Whether this translates to views is another question.  Often, it doesn't!

working