jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Can we do reviews on websites without it being marked as promotional?

1. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Can we do reviews on websites without it being marked as promotional?

I found a couple websites I would like to review. They are sites that sell stuff (not my stuff) but they are good sites for parents to do their shopping. So can we do these type articles without being considered promotional?

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Not totally sure peeples. My interpretation of that is it states 'Overly Promotional'. Right away that means to me probably only one link to it is safe. I would not mention it very much directly by name either. For one using too many keywords is considered Spam, which in essence means 'Overly Promotional'. So, words like 'It', 'They', 'There' and such would probably be wise. 

Here is the link to Learning Center Hub titled 'Reasons Why Hubs Are Moderated (& How to Fix Them)' at the 'Overly Promotional text capsule. (You may have to scroll a little)

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732854

Here is the link to what is considered 'Spammy'

http://hubpages.com/faq/#Spammy-Elements

peeplesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the links Tim!

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

I had read a few hubs recommending electrical stuff that they had used. Very useful, full of details, as long the ads are not more than 2, should be ok

Thanks Peachy!

4. Larry Fields profile image80
    Larry Fieldsposted 2 years ago

Hello, peeples. I'd like to add to what the two others have said. I think that it's important to preserve your reputation as a good writer, and not to have other Hubbers regard you as a (gasp!) spammer. Here's how.

You can frame your hub as "the pros and cons of . . . " However this will mean extra work for you, in order to find some negative comments about these websites. You can also post a positive comment/negative comment estimated ratio for each of these websites.

Then it will be more than just your individual opinion. And your hub will have more gravitas.

Great idea Larry. I was a bit worried about how it would be perceived.

working