jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you draft questions for your quiz and survey modules? What questions do

1. kbdressman profile image94
    kbdressmanposted 2 years ago

How do you draft questions for your quiz and survey modules?  What questions do you enjoy answering?

Any tips for avoiding obvious or boring quiz and survey questions?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

This does not fully answer your questions, but usually I put the survey module near the end of the article on the right side of the last text capsule and almost always add the option of  "Other" or -- Please leave a comment below if you have another answer, or additional thoughts about your answer.

1. kbdressman profile image94
      kbdressmanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  I'm interested in anyone's thoughts, uses of, and successes with these modules!  I like you're create an answer in the comments option!  Do you get lots of responses with it?

3. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

My results are mixed with polls and quizzes. I had great results with quizzes with fun articles of humor with a hint of an opinion. I don't know if those articles really drive Google traffic. I dun'no . . . I did use it with informational too.

The quizzes were designed offering a chuckle inside the article the first type. Perhaps that created more interest with what followed? I would use hints like read further or more following kinda' thing with both types. Sometimes I would offer a poll at the end based on that quiz. I haven't tried that strategy for quite sometime. 

With polls today my results related to traffic is maybe around 5+%. Today, I tend to use two. One about 1/3-1/2 along. The other at the end. I get best results with the first. I ponder how far the article is read. Maybe checking with Google Analytics the normal reading time on an article will offer a hint if exit occurs with where the poll is?

My participation with polls and quizzes? I always look at the results of a statistic orientated poll first though don't answer all. Is that cheating? In other words when seeking a range of something if there are already many answering my vote will not be relevant. So, an early on one I will more than likely vote. As intent I most likely will not return to see if the result changed. I fancy offering an opinion type poll without looking first.

Quizzes depends on the article type and what is offered with the question. I run from quizzes orientated toward 'How much did I learn'. I don't want to know if I am smart or not.