My Amazon Sales dissapeared!!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. OregonWino profile image62
    OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

I had two seperate sales listed a couple of says ago and I login today and both are gone (and yes I checked the last quarter of 2009 etc...nothing!!) Anyone had something like this happen before?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's possible they were returned or the orders cancelled.

2. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Returns or canceled orders are not surprising during the holiday season.

If you read the Amazon TOS, you'll find all this is spelled out.

1. starme77 profile image76
        starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some people dont feel like readin , nothin wrong with em askin

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Starme, it's true there's nothing wrong with people asking - but if you're serious about making money with something, you need to do the job properly.  That includes doing your research.

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
            DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well one of the best ways to research is ask a knowledgable person smile It's often easier than longer proffesional reports because it can be hard to find the information you want. And I find talking to people in real terms nicer smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
              Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, but you can't possibly ask enough questions to learn everything you need to know.  If you're trying to make serious income, you would be silly to risk it by not fully understanding your model. Also, there's a difference between a community interacting to help each other out, and someone sponging off the knowledge of others.  This particular question is in the first category, but every now and then you'll see someone posting thread after thread on these forums asking basic questions because they're too lazy to read even help documentation, let alone any TOS.

2. MikeNV profile image66
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Likely canceled orders. Amazons customer service is not very good.  I have an open inquiry now for more than a week and no one has bothered to get back to me.

3. hellomoo profile image61
    hellomooposted 14 years ago

I also got a third party sale recently ($6.00 - not much but it is my first so am keen to learn how it all works). the item was shipped in November, but I cannot see any commission. Just says Referral Fees '$0.00' :-( Any ideas? How long does it take to show up? Thanks.

4. OregonWino profile image62

Thank you all for the insight and I hope that it is just a glitch, but we will see, odd that both orders would have been returned especially since one was for 6 different books...you would think they would have kept at least a couple of them.

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

check your reversal and return reports.

Your situation does seem odd

5. profile image57
    LadyXpressposted 14 years ago

"...sponging off the knowledge of others."...wow... hmm

6. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

There is a bit of culture of slapping down newbies in Hubpage forums. I was given the slap when I first arrived. Unpleasant.

I often wonder why the old stagers simply hang around to dish out advice like- go find out for yourself.

Nobody is under any obligation to answer a request for help.

If you are going to take the trouble of responding, you might as well give the information. If you are feeling mean- head off to the political or religious forums, do some venting.

Open chat (difficult if there are routine put downs) opens up areas you might never have even given thought to.

1. fayans profile image64
      fayansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BINGO!

If beginners are expected to read and know everything, what's the forum for?

Poor OP!!

OregonWinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I forgot to mention that I can not read  wink

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha! big_smile

that is strange. i wish i knew the answer to that one.

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

actually the OP did check and found nothing, that is why he asked the question in the forum. i'm not trying to be contentious but if i was a newbie on the receiving end of that "sponging off" comment i would feel bad and probably not want to return to HubPages. sad

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said, Cosette smile
      I thought the original question was interesting and I might have guessed the answer was that the sale was cancelled or returned. Is there a way of knowing?

2. OregonWino profile image62

Hehe, I have thick skin...I should have clarified my original statement.   I have checked all reports...the entire orders have vanished, no ordered items, no returns no refunds...just gone.  I have made sure to check the older time periods as well since the year/month/quarter just rolled over.  Nada...weird

8. profile image0
    Wag The Dogposted 14 years ago

I have never had that happen, but, last month I was credited for two kindle book sales at about $4.00 each but I made 0% commission.  A big goose egg was paid to me for those two sales.  Thought that was odd.

http://artswork.asu.edu/cec/CEC_big/2-Hand-with-goose-egg.jpg

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is odd, I thought kindle books were worth a decent % actually, like 10%. If you figure out why its 0% commission let me know. smile

9. profile image0
    Wag The Dogposted 14 years ago

As A Man Thinketh Third Party $3.44 0.00% 1 $3.44 $0.00

The Master Key System *Complete with Haanel's Question and Answers After Each Chapter. Third Party $3.44 0.00% 1 $3.44 $0.00

Ya, I thought Kindle books had a nice % too, but this is the copy from my stats page.  The books, price, referral fee rate, items shipped, and referral fee. 

I hope it changes, or pays out at some time, but for now I will no longer push kindle book sales.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It does sound like a waste trying to sell kindle books if they don't pay, might as well just link the physical book.

10. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Kindle Books are indeed 0% commission, disgraceful in my opinion!

In regards to the OP, don't worry about the more experienced people putting you down, because they are wrong.  A cancellation or returned item would be shown as both a positive and negative balance on your earnings report.  If the items no longer appear on your earnings report in any way, post on the Amazon associates forum or get in touch with their support.

11. OregonWino profile image62

And then today, out of no-where, they showed back up...really weird!!!

12. profile image0

big_smile server gnomes.

glad you got your stuff back smile

For real!  I wasnt really that worried about the amount so much as concerned that I had no idea why the orders had vanished.

Thank you!!  smile

13. profile image0

strange things are happening around here, my friend... wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)