jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Should Hub Hoppers who evaluate our articles judge them based on their personal

1. Misfit Chick profile image71
    Misfit Chickposted 2 years ago

Should Hub Hoppers who evaluate our articles judge them based on their personal bias?

I have a controversial question that I asked earlier - about Christian women having abortions. I then went on to write a Hub about it. The day it was published, it received a 75 rating - so I added the source along with an image capture of the information; since it seemed like readers were judging on the hub lacking that.

That was yesterday - now the rating has dropped to 71. The only thing I can think is that adding the 'proof' made people who were reading/judging it more angry. If a critic can't give objective feedback, perhaps they should skip that hub and move on. What do you think?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12875524_f260.jpg

2. Misfit Chick profile image71
    Misfit Chickposted 2 years ago
  3. profile image0
    David Bucknerposted 2 years ago

I agree with you, if someone doesn't like the fact that the topic is even brought up, or the opinion that you display, then they should a) pass it up or b) grade your work based on the grammar, structure, etc. It's unfortunate that it happened, but your overall writer score proves that you definitely can make up for the 71 in later hubs. Good luck!

1. Chantelle Porter profile image92
      Chantelle Porterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

When I Hub hop, I only rate articles that I am interested in or know something about. I don't think it's fair to impose my judgement on articles that I can't evaluate or simply have no interest in.

2. profile image0
      David Bucknerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I agree

3. Misfit Chick profile image71
      Misfit Chickposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better. I do the same thing. smile

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

From my understanding the HP staff only read a Hub that is flagged or submitted for review by the Hubber. The only other readers that affect the rating are the MTurk (The Human outsource at Amazon for quality assessment) readers for the QAP. You can see when MTurk reads your Hub by checking for its domain name at your traffic sources link at the account page.

My theory is that when an edit occurs that triggers HP's bots to check the Hub and change the rating. It defaults to a lower score based on the traffic pattern while establishes a zero point based on that time of change.The traffic pattern is how high with some interval like 24hr, 7day, and 30day. When an edit happens it defaults to a lower score because of change. It will increase when traffic increases from a zero point compared to the next interval of time - 24hr.

working