jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What does HubPages do about plagiarizing web sites?

1. My Esoteric profile image91
    My Esotericposted 22 months ago

What does HubPages do about plagiarizing web sites?

I recently had a new hub declared a Duplicate because the anonymous site below posted it lock-stock-and-barrel; that was resolved.  I just had a reader advise me regarding a new hub that "Your article here has been stolen and appears verbatim on a site called BEST CONTENT EVERY DAY at http://best-article-every-day.ga/americ … s..."

How does HubPages try to stop this from happening, and more importantly, not letting it adversely impact our own hubs?

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 22 months ago

I had a similar experience a couple years ago.  I was accused of copied content but it was my hub that had been copied, word for word.  Since I could not prove that my hub was published first, the ruling stood and my hub was taken down.  That is when I quit writing for Hub Pages.

1. My Esoteric profile image91
      My Esotericposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I don't blame you, an uncaring, mindless bureaucracy doesn't deserve earning money off of you.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 22 months ago

Absolutely nothing. I had one taken down within my first three days after the feed, which is critical. I proved that I was the original writer, but by that time any traffic generated by the feed was gone. I was furious because it was one of my best efforts. Since then it has generated some traffic, but not as much as it should have. I've had my underground house hub posted on several websites with and without photos and without any attribution, and even filed a Dwhatchamacallit, but it didn't do any good. Here you write at your own risk.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 22 months ago

Hubpages can't prevent web scraping, does do a better job than some sites giving you notice of the scraping with periodic scans of content and sample DMCA notices.