jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is it actually possible to be succesful on this site?

1. GaminCouple profile image82
    GaminCoupleposted 21 months ago

Is it actually possible to be succesful on this site?

Is it actually possible to be succesful on this site? Most people I see say they hardly make any money here- is this a universal fact or do some of you make decent money? And yes I am relating paycheck to success

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 21 months ago

Depends on your definition of "success," I guess. When I joined this site I had no expectations at all - it just seemed like a good place to post some of my goofy sh*t. I don't get millions of page views but I do well enough that I get some pizza and beer money out of it a few times a year, and that's fine by me.
    If you're expecting a sizable, steady income from this site then you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

1. revmjm profile image88
      revmjmposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your honest opinion, Keith!

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

You will make little money via ad revenue based on Google unless one of your hubs is getting a ton of traffic, in the thousands of visits a day range.
    You can make money listing items for sale via Amazon affiliate links and eBay links, and I do generate some income that way.
    Another option is writing hubs and referencing it to a product or service and receiving a percentage as a referral fee. This does require either getting a referral link or other arrangement with the group it is referred to.
    You can also use the Hubs to promote your own content / product. For example, all of my fiction hubs refer to my books and eBooks available on Amazon.

Thanks for the new information I just discovered. I didn't realize I could promote my own e-Books through HubPages. I am going to read some of your hubs to see how you have promoted your books.

4. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 21 months ago

Like any job it depends on how much work you put into it. Many people write here as a hobby and probably only put in a couple hours a week. So it's no wonder they are disappointed when they aren't earning the same amount as a standard job.

If you sat down, researched, wrote, and then published hubs 40 hours a week then yeah, you would probably be pretty successful.

There are a lot of elements to it though. You have to write quality hubs. It's not going to work to just write fluff, or stuff that is only relevant for today. You also have to share your writing so that other people can see it. You have to do some work with SEO to make sure that google is showing it to people who are searching for it.

Thanks for your explanation, Chloe!

working