jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are you all excited for Hubbie Awards 2016?

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image59
    Ashish Dadgaaposted 19 months ago

Are you all excited for Hubbie Awards 2016?

2. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 19 months ago

I always look forward to the Hubbie Awards each year, so was waiting eagerly for the 2016 announcement. Somewhat disappointed however that most of the usual categories are gone to make way for the best hub from each niche site. That is just too difficult to determine. Who has time to visit them all let alone choose a best from each one.

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image59
      Ashish Dadgaaposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Yeah, agree with you, John. I saw last year nomination listing there were many different categories but this year all vanished.
      Haha....true who is having time to visit all the pages and find out best.

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 19 months ago

oh yes, I wanted to vote for my favorite hubber authors but there are many hubbie award category to fill up.
    The worst part is I don't know what those award title means, how do I know which hubber suitable for which category?

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 19 months ago

I must admit although I've always looked forward to the Hubbie Awards, I'm completely turned off to this year's awards.  (Just another huge disappointment dropped on us out of nowhere, here at Hubpages)  Also per usual, I wonder what they're thinking.  Someone in the Ivory towers of HP has an incredible fondness for fixing things that simply are not broken.
    The usual categories we've all enjoyed voting on so much are all replaced but 3 of them.  Worse, they're replaced with votes for the best hub in each category of the new niche sites.
    The niche sites are rather new and if I'm not mistaken, still in process.  There are many of these categories, some that most of us haven't had the time to browse and read through.
    Frankly, when something is changed from fun and enjoyment to a lot of time-consuming work & drudgery, what's to be excited about?

5. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 19 months ago

I haven't  had enough time to explore the niche sites so I wouldn't even know who to vote for in most categories.