jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

RSS to sites only showing comments to hubs, NOT the hub!

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

I have tried placing rss feeds of my Hub today and all that will show up is the comments to my hubs. In the past, I have linked my Hubs this way to my blogs,and pages such as My yahoo, but for some reason it is not working now.

1. johnr54 profile image42
      johnr54posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you picked the RSS feed from the wrong place.  Use the one just below your picture on the hub or your profile that says to subscribe to your latest hubs.

Michael Willisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I used the one below my picture. It still shows comments only.

2. The Rope profile image59
    The Ropeposted 7 years ago

Thanks John, I always appreciate seeing others questions and getting the answers to my own questions.

3. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

I'm not a wiz on RSS feeds, but when I add one to a hub I use this format which I got from right clicking on subscribe to rss on my profile and selecting properties:

http://hubpages.com/author/Susana+S/latest/?rss

You can change "latest" to "best" or "hot". Not sure if there are any other options.

4. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

I am trying to take my page RSS and post it outside HP onto another site I have. But, it hasn't been working properly.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like you are using the RSS feed from an individual hub, which will only contain the comments for that hub.  This RSS URL contains your latest hubs:

http://hubpages.com/author/Michael+Willis/latest/?rss

Ok, thanks Paul. There is a site out there that will let you add an article by RSS. It will list a summary of your article through an rss feed. That way you are not dulpicating the entire article.
        Is there a way to create an individual hub rss?

5. johnr54 profile image42
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

What is the format of the RSS you are posting?

I am clicking on the RSS feed under my picture on the hub. I tried adding it to a My Yahoo page through the "add a RSS feed" to the page. I have done it before with other sites and it would come up with hub listing and a brief summary.
      For some reason now...all I am getting is the comments on the individual hub.  There is a rss feed for those located by the comments section, but I am not clicking on that one.

working