jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Should they take down or at least archive questions that have been asked on here

1. LoliHey profile image56
    LoliHeyposted 13 months ago

Should they take down or at least archive questions that have been asked on here years ago?

I mean, some of the questions are good, but there are 400 answers or so, and they were asked years ago, so I doubt the person who asked the question is really going to read all of them, or still cares about the questions, or is even still on Hubpages.  I am loathe to comment on them because I feel like there are too many answers already.

2. simplehappylife profile image85
    simplehappylifeposted 13 months ago

I don't think so. I've found myself reading q&a's that are many years old and have found them to be helpful and just as relevant today as they were at the time they were published.

Mainly on topics directly associated with HubPages.

1. simplehappylife profile image85
      simplehappylifeposted 13 months agoin reply to this

maybe archive the ones that aren't "evergreen" topics

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 13 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12760439_f260.jpg

Lolita I have asked that ? before and they said no, but I think political question have an expiration date. People don't answer the current questions. Viewing questions is not the reason I write questions. Although  I may be in the minority.

It is not just my questions that go unanswered take a look at how many questions go unanswered. And those questions that have comments for the most part have less than 5. The exception are those that have many comments, but even then they are tennis return comments. Not new people. IMO

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 13 months ago

They may be keeping those questions up because they capture conversational SEO traffic perfectly, bringing people to the website.
    I wrote a hub on conversational SEO lately, and systems like Amazon Echo actually lead you to questions like the one above and questions asked on Reddit disproportionately. The fact that the questions are older actually gives them more weight with search engines than brand new copy.

1. tamarawilhite profile image92
      tamarawilhiteposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Side note - if comments are still getting added to the answers, search engines see it as still relevant content.

working