Do you think your writer's voice for researched articles is different than those

1. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 13 months ago

Do you think your writer's voice for researched articles is different than those of your passions?

2. Ericdierker profile image52
    Ericdierkerposted 13 months ago

This is a wonderful question and one I have grappled with since the late '70's. I do research on articles now in two distinct ways. 1. I get wrapped up in the subject matter and go back and forth and back and forth gobbling up information. Jotting it down, bookmarking it (quite often in the physical) and just plain absorbing it. For my technical stuff, keeping exacting citations and references. 2. While I write I look up words I use. Yes sometimes with my actual reference physical books that I love. Definitions are thrashed out. And this leads to more research which is so fun.
    I normally write what I call sermons. It is so easy to pack them full of verses and quotes from authors and other religious texts. But I do not do that. The information gleaned in research is just synthesized/incorporated into the text.
    So my voice does not change because I am a looney tune who is passionate about learning. Thanks for getting me to think about my process -- always good to do.
    PS My buddies in the technical areas shake their heads at me for emoting. But call me in when they need some.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 13 months ago

The voice for my science fiction and horror articles is more emotional than the "voice" for my technical and frugal living articles. The nonfiction is by definition more technical, and there is no point in making an article on appliance errors or IEEE standards emotionally evocative. Those dealing with the failing appliance are already evoking various terms I can't write here and those who want to know about the IEEE standards are thrilled I explain the basics of the standard so they don't have to read a 100 page standard and pay $$ to read it.

working