jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do unfeatured hubs still earn?

1. Athlyn Green profile image97
    Athlyn Greenposted 10 months ago

Do unfeatured hubs still earn?

Is it worth it to publish shorter pieces?

2. profile image61
    taiwowilliamsposted 10 months ago

No because publish shorter it does bring any meaning

3. Au fait profile image94
    Au faitposted 10 months ago

Yes they do continue to earn so long as people can access them.

When hubs are idled they are no longer visible to people who visit your profile page UNLESS you do the following:  Go to your profile page.  Click on "Edit Profile."  Go to almost the bottom of that page where it says "Show only Featured Hubs on my profile:"  Click on the 'NO' box and then all of your hubs will be visible again on your profile page, available to anyone who wishes to read them. 

Idled hubs earn just the same as before they were idled so long as they are visible.  The main difference is that idled hubs are no longer indexed by Google and they will not come up when people Google that subject or even if they put the title into the search box word for word.

Once HP idles Hubs they are not immediately UNindexed by Google.  If Google has already recently crawled that hub it will continue to be indexed until Google returns for the next crawl.  You will know if your hub is indexed by putting its title in the Google search box.  If it doesn't come up, it's not indexed anymore, but if it does come up, which if may well do for a week or two after it's been idled, then obviously it's still indexed.

1. Athlyn Green profile image97
      Athlyn Greenposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I generally produce longer hubs that are featured but I have some shorter articles I would like to earn on, so was wondering if it would be worth it to publish them here.

2. Au fait profile image94
      Au faitposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Except for poems and the like, HubPages prefers 1250 words per hub.  HP used to accept as few as 600 words (page and a half basically).  I still have some shorter articles that are featured and do OK.

working