jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Having trouble choosing a topic for a hub

1. mike102771 profile image81
    mike102771posted 10 months ago

Having trouble choosing a topic for a hub

I am writing a hub questioning free will in decision making vs determinism. As I was writing I thought about  the final layout. So, I went to create the hub. I could not find a topic that best fits the subject. It's not politics (but has some in it), it's not religion (sort of) nor do any of the other topics fit.

So my question is what topic should I use to publish a paper on "Self-determination vs. Determinism" (working title)?

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 10 months ago

Philosophy is located at two main topics. One is Education and Science where it is a subtopic and the other is the main topic Religion and Philosophy.

Peeking determinism is not listed as a subtopic to the subtopic philosophy in Education and Science. Determinism to my knowledge has roots in both Eastern and Western philosophy. It has somewhat of a focus on cause and effect doen't it? Western dates back to Ancient Greek thought with Aristotle for determinism per Wiki. Both of those have a subtopic. In other words Education and Science → Philosophy is a choice and optional is → Ancient Greek Philosophy or Aristotle.

Eastern has attribution to Karma with Hinduism. At Education and Science → Philosophy there is an optional subtopic Hindu Philosophy

At Religion and Philosophy any philosophical discussion would need to be in a religious context as there are no subtopics central to philosophy alone.

I hope that helps . . .

1. mike102771 profile image81
      mike102771posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Thank you. My focus in this paper is the idea of how outside forces influence decisions. Are the decisions we make self-determined or predetermined.

2. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I would think if there is no discussion of ancient thought best may be Education and Science → Philosophy. HP asks for subtopic and that meets that criteria.

3. mike102771 profile image81
      mike102771posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Yes, I am going with Education and Science → Philosophy. I will publish soon (building hub) Thank you very much for your time.

working