jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Are quiz Hubs a viable option?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
    Jeremy Gillposted 10 months ago

Are quiz Hubs a viable option?

Hi everyone. I used to make several quiz Hubs, asking trivia about series like Star Wars and Pokemon. These Hubs appear short because the vast majority of the text is contained within one capsule. Additionally, by nature they usually only require one picture.

Do you guys think (if done well) quizzes are viable articles, or does the short format disengage readers?

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 10 months ago

HubPages is about long, media rich articles. The poll capsule is meant to augment an article, not to be the article itself.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
      Jeremy Gillposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Do you mean the quiz capsule?
      Quizzes can be short and supplemental, but quite a few Hubbers have had the idea (for better or worse) to longer ones as the basis for aHub.

2. lisavollrath profile image95
      lisavollrathposted 10 months agoin reply to this

You asked. I answered. Sorry it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear.

3. Jeremy Gill profile image95

No need to be curt. I'm open to exploring both sides, but I'd like to hear some rationale. For example, even if quiz capsules weren't designed for that function, why could they not be used effectively?

4. lisavollrath profile image95

Because HubPages is about written content, not quizzes. This isn't BuzzFeed.

5. Jeremy Gill profile image95

I understand, but some may argue that quizzes count as written content. Heck, in the past I've made over 10 Quiz Hubs which are still featured. That seems to indicate that HubPages doesn't automatically dislike them.

6. lisavollrath profile image95

Why did you ask this question if you don't want to hear any answer but your own?

I'm out.

7. Jeremy Gill profile image95

Like I said, I'm open to your opinion. However, I'm looking for rationale, which you haven't yet provided. If the content of a quiz engages readers, then what's the issue?

working