Site Update - Quiz Capsule & eBay ePN Domain Validation

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (33 posts)
  1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

We just deployed an update to the site.

The biggest change is the addition of the quiz capsule, and widget.  It's easier to just see how it works than to explain, but basically it allows you to create trivia quizzes, quizzes that rank you on a single scale, and quizzes that classify you based on your answers.  It can also be taken off of HubPages and placed as a widget on other sites.

The second change is that we've enabled eBay Partner Network domain verification, and as a result those of you that aren't already approved for ePN can once again apply using only your HubPages presence. 

If you signed up for ePN prior to August 1st, you don't have to verify the HubPages domain.  However, it won't hurt anything, so I'd go ahead and do it anyway.  If you signed up for ePN August 1st or after, you must verify the hubpages.com domain.

Please note that ePN is still fairly picky in who they accept.  If you are applying for the first time or again, please fill out the application completely and accurately and try and make a compelling case for how you will benefit eBay as an affiliate.

One other small change, you can now place a caption below a table when using the table capsule.   You can also pick from a few different color schemes for you table.

As always, please let us know if you notice any problems with these new features, or the site in general.

Thanks!

1. auntiebree profile image59
      auntiebreeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

omg thanks so much.  I and many other newbies have been going crazy!  I will just wait for ebay to do their thing.  Thats a load off my mind.  BTW...I sent you an email to ask if I could hub about this, not realizing you already did. Sorry

2. Ariztokat profile image60
      Ariztokatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK. They don't call me a dumb Swede for nothing. I still can't figure out if I'm supposed to load something into the base directory here, or if I'm to copy and paste stuff where ever... PLEASE help?

Ariztokat

3. profile image0
      markbennisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, i was struggling there for a while until i found your helpful link, the confirmation links from EBay confused the hell out me..
      Once again thanks.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Thanx Paul for adding the quiz capsule. I am sure it will add a lot to the hubs.

3. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Such a great team we have working to make us look so good big_smile thans Mr Paul and HP team!

4. Milla Mahno profile image59
    Milla Mahnoposted 14 years ago

Wow! You are the best, guys! smile

5. bigmikeh profile image69
    bigmikehposted 14 years ago

Good news! Thanks to Paul and all the team.

6. rancidTaste profile image61
    rancidTasteposted 14 years ago

Thanks. I just use quiz capsule in one hub just now. you may visit that by the following link:

IQ Test Questions and Answers: Some Job Aptitude Test or Aptitude Testing Questions and Answers

It really looks great. I really like it!! Thanks Paul and hubpages team.

big_smile
    rancidTaste

7. dishyum profile image57
    dishyumposted 14 years ago

HP rocks!

8. Robin profile image87
    Robinposted 14 years ago

I love the new quiz capsule.  Fawntia and team, you did a great job! 

I think it would be great to be able to see new quizzes created without having to read through a hub.  Is there a way to put them in the category pages, or somewhere else so I can find them easily?

I also thought it would be cool to see related quizzes when you are finished with a quiz or when you are reading a hub about a certain topic. For example, there are related hubs to the side and there could be related quizzes, too. 

Thanks again for all of your hard work!  Robin

9. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
    Fawntiaposted 14 years ago

Robin, thanks for the suggestions. There are definitely a bunch of interesting things we can do with quizzes in the future.

I'm also glad to hear that you like the quiz capsule. I think it might be the biggest project I have worked on at HubPages so far, so I really hope that people have fun with it.

10. Michael Willis profile image69
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

I also like the Quiz capsule. It was so easy to set up. Thanks!

11. Research Analyst profile image71
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

The quiz capsule is a great addition, thanks!

12. RNMSN profile image62
    RNMSNposted 14 years ago

yes the quiz i great but how do I upload the plain text into HP base directory for ebay?

13. alekhouse profile image72
    alekhouseposted 14 years ago

The Quiz Capsule is a great idea. I love quizzes and will certainly use it. Thanks, guys

14. Ariztokat profile image60
    Ariztokatposted 14 years ago

I am so so so confused. sad

1. larryfreeman profile image79
      larryfreemanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ariztokat,

Are you having trouble setting up the quiz or is your question about eBay?

Thanks,

-Larry

1. Ariztokat profile image60
        Ariztokatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's eBay that's giving me nightmares. I can't figure out what it is I'm supposed to do. When I follow the step by step posted here at the Hub, I keep running up against eBay's wall. They want me to post an epndomain.txt file in the base directory here (Hub). Nowhere onsite can I find out how to do that. Sorry if you're not the one I need to ask, but you're the one who answered my post. lol. Thank you, btw. smile

Kat

1. Sara Tonyn profile image61
          Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kat!

You might want to try doing the following to bypass the problem you're having.

1. Click on the "Domain Confirmation Page" link in the "Confirm your eBay Partner Network domains" email instructions you received from eBay. (It's Step 4.) A new window should open for the page.

2. About 2/3 of the way down the page, there should be a box that says "I cannot validate one or more of my domains". (It's right above the Update button.) Check it and a new text box will open directly under it.

3. In the new text box, enter the reason you can't validate your domain. (A brief explanation should do.) Then click the Update button that's located on the bottom right-hand side of the text box.

You should see a message saying something like "Your validation reason has been updated".

That's it. Now you'll have to wait to hear back from eBay -- and I have absolutely no idea what they'll say! I had a validation problem too and I'm waiting for them to answer ME.   

I don't know if that helps you any but I tried!  smile

Good luck!

-- Sara

1. donotfear profile image82
            donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I tried this too...haven't heard a word from them. I typed in the space that I didn't understand the directions. They'll probablly discard me for computer ingnorance, but man, I don't know how to do all that stuff. I can try, but to no avail. Then some people say this is easy, but it's not easy if you dont' know the terms like TXT file...what the..?? I didn't grow up with computers..they didnt' have em when I was in school so I'm self taught. I'm not giving up thought, until I get it right.

2. glendoncaba profile image72
      glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The link is in Paul's original post.

Here:
      http://hubpages.com/my/epn_activation

Hint:  Open a new tab with email from eBay because you will have 90 seconds to confirm.  You will probably have that email opened anyway in order to copy the unique identifier.

I have just confirmed domain and waiting for further info from ebay.

15. suziecat7 profile image78
    suziecat7posted 14 years ago

I can't even get Ebay to send me my lost password. They DO NOT respond no matter what I do and I also have been selling there for years.

16. janiek13 profile image77
    janiek13posted 14 years ago

I wish I had had the hub form to use when I had to write papers for school, It would have been so much nicer. Thanks!

17. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

oooo new toys lol sweet thanks guys!

18. spiderspun profile image61
    spiderspunposted 14 years ago

So exacle how do you get bsck on to ebay to have them on your hubpges, when they gave you a freeky password to remember tat og deleted. All they tell me is to talk with a likve helper. \i type so slow cause of brain diorder, and thy think i am a 3 yr old hooken around.
    Can any on help me get my ebay back on my hubpages sites

thahks
    spiderspun from http://www.hubpages.com/profile/spiderspun
    Just trying to rebuild my lifr after being victom in a rear end truck hitting me wreck at a stop light.
    thaks again
    S[piderspun

19. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Thank you for the update, respectfully however I am done with ebay as a persona choice but the quiz sounds just great.

20. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

lray-the update was 7 months ago

spiderspun - I would be willing to try and help you, its easier than it seems

1. spiderspun profile image61
      spiderspunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey thanks
      do you wanto email me, let me knw.

the last thing that has happened is, I got confused with this code sign up number they gave, discarded it. When I asked them to re issue it to me the said to go on a live chat with a ebay helper.
      Problem is I have a head injury and can't follow quick enough or respond too slow or type os too much that they drop me of they think I am 3 year old.
      Let me know how you can get me on my way.
      Adsence was so easy and working, but id like ebay too
      Lynda

oh . another thing, when I go to the ebay site to see if I am indeed sighned up it tells me yes but I need yo implement that code.
        I have a basic ebay account where i buy and ocassionally sell things, but that one has nothing to do with putting ebay with my adsence, be fine if I had the code. I know where it goes and all
        thanks again

21. sunforged profile image69

Go here to get that funky code you missed

https://publisher.ebaypartnernetwork.co … Management

you will have to sign in, but that link will bring you right to the code you need

you are so kind. I will poke away at it in the morning, it is near 2am. I sure am glad we connected.

22. sunforged profile image69

ill check back tomorrow, its past 2am here also

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)