jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)


  1. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago

    This has been going on for a week now.  Some of my hubs are coming up as broken links, but I know they are there and working because I have clicked on them to check---and they do work.  When I first noticed the problem I checked them out and it said that they were checked like 24 hours ago when they hub wasn't even made that long ago.

  2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 8 years ago

    Good morning/afternoon(whichever is the case)

    Maybe the 24 hour ago mark was from the time you put the link in the capsule you put it into.

    On the hub I am creating for the Women Writers of HubPages Community, which coming out in about a month, I've noticed that every single time that I work on the Hub and enter links, there is two toggle keys that highlight, when the cursor is on the link.

    One sets up the link for connection and the other breaks the links connection.

    I've been trying to avoid mistakes on my up and coming hub, and trying to make sure all links are not broken. So, I put the cursor at the beginning of the link, to make sure those highlight and then save.

    So far, each link is working properly. I have taken some profile information, which has links contained in it and I have disconnected those links, so the only link available is going to be the profile link.

    I hope I helped. smile

    1. Lady Guinevere profile image59
      Lady Guinevereposted 8 years agoin reply to this

      The links work.  That is the technical problem.  I go to the hubs where my links are and physically click on them and they come right up.  No problem there at all.  Just in my accounts of those hubs is where it tell me there are broken links, but they can't be broken if they come up after the hub is saved.  I think it is a reporting problem in the code or something.  It isn't all the links but only two of them.
      When I went back the second time there was an added word to the hub url that was saved and I tried to take that out because it was not a "TEMP" file.  I then saved the hub again and re-entered it from the hubpage while open to make sure it got the right url.  It was fine for about a couple of days and now shows up as a broken link again.  It sounds like somehting is trying to override something else in the code that hubpages uses for all these hubs--or something.  I am not a programmer or code writer.

      1. profile image0
        R.G. San Ramonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

        Perhaps the problem lies in the site you're linking to. I had a similar problem with photos downloaded from a website that continuously monitors its own "backlinks." Some reputable websites don't allow unauthorized backlinks; they require publishers to contact and ask them for permission.