jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Aren't we allowed to provide links to our own HP hubs at the bottom of our hubs,

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image55
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 7 months ago

Aren't we allowed to provide links to our own HP hubs at the bottom of our hubs, if they're related?

The links to my related hubs have been removed/ snipped by HP edit team. Please share if anyone else has experienced that. I thought it was allowed and I have been doing it since the very beginning.

2. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 7 months ago

I think linking in general is becoming a wide grey area. For the Niche sites they are getting picky. I have read discussions in the forums and they run the gamut of when to use them and how. They are even requesting them for support on 'YMYL' articles for Niche sites to give credibility to the article. 'YMYL' are like financial and medical articles. It means Your Money Your Life.

I think we can basically do what we want for a hub for the main HubPages site. I see they still have the link capsule available to use in the Edit mode. But, as you experienced to be placed on a Niche site it is at the discretion of the editors.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Thank You Tim Mitchell for your response!
      Yes I agree , for niche sites they snip away all the links .
      Thanks for your elaborate answer . Very helpful!

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 7 months ago

Linking to your own articles on HP is considered self-promotion. They get clipped to prevent you from posting an overly-promotional article.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Lisa Vollrath for answering the question!
      Yes I think now they don't like links to our hubs and consider it promotional. Thank You!

working