I had a dream...

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Paradise7 profile image67
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I had a weird dream. Of course, I've been sick a lot lately and I think it might have just been a fever dream.  But then, it felt like a premonition.  I dreamed that this year is the last year I have on Earth, and that I'll be moving on later in the year...I saw the calendar pages turning, and the seasons changing, and then it all stopped.

Tell me about your dreams, if you want.  Has anyone had a similar dream????

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

could mean you feel youve wated your life thus far, and your ready for a change.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Hi paradise , they say that dreams are our worries? I saw my father in my dream and he was dead, he is 68 years old and not sick though,

3. Paradise7 profile image67

Hey, Pretty.  Good to see you!!!!   I'm glad your dad isn't really dead.  Say, can you tell me (serious now) did it FEEL like a premonition????

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was staring at HIM, he was inside a coffin

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was staring at HIM, he was inside a coffin, He is very much healthy until now, dreamt of it 3 years ago, they say that dreams are opposite,

Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honey, I hope that's true, that it's the opposite.  For your dad's sake and for MINE!!!  Thanks!  big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

4. Paradise7 profile image67

Nobody's got a dream, any dream???  I'm really interested.  Please respond, or this thread will fall off the map shortly.

1. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK, you asked for it.  I am composing right now.

5. marcel285 profile image67
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

My boyfriend had a really terrible nightmare a few nights ago, he was scared to go back to sleep, and woke me up to comfort him.

He dreamed that his teeth were falling out, and his mum came round to our house, and she was a zombie, and she was trying to attack us. he then dreamed that he woke up and woke me up and was telling me about it,and his teeth were fallng out again. Then he dreamed that he woke up again, i got out of bed, opened our bedroom door, and two zombie women were standing there, and i back away almost having a heart attack. Then he woke up for real, woke me up, and told me.

Then yesterday he needed to ask his mum something, i told him to call her. He doesn't want to even talk to her because his dream about her being a zombie scared the shit out of him.

This is wild.  Thanks so much.  It sounds scary as hell.

6. marcel285 profile image67
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

When i have nightmares, they are always about someone trying to kill me, and i'm always running and hiding.

The scariest dream iv'e ever had was when i was young, after watching jurassic park. I was dreaming that i was being hunted by a T-Rex!

7. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

I was walking through a desert.  It was a dry and desolate desert.  The ground started to shift and quake and before I knew it twelve mountains sprang from the ground.  I was confused and did not know the meaning.  I looked and contemplated each mountain.  As I did each went through progressive aging.  Some greened up and became strong and others greened up, died and started to crumble.  These twelve mountains were situated all around me.

Again, though, another quaking of the ground began.  I was affrighted and ran to get clear of the mountains.  As I did so I looked behind me and saw a white mountain tower up to the sky in the midst of the twelve.  I stopped running and gazed in amazement. 

I approached what seemed to be a door in the mountain.  I turned the knob and began to open.  A great roar billowed from the entrance and blew me away and landed me on my back on the desert floor.  After a while recovering I noticed a multitude of people all the way around the mountain.  Being curious I arose and began to walk the distance around.  The people were oblivious to my being there.  As I walked I noticed they were all picking up stones off the desert floor and mortaring them onto the white mountain.  When I approached the door once again after going around the mountain I understood what the people were doing.  No longer did I fear the door.

I contemplated and them reached for the door.  After pushing the door slightly the door opened up and a voice came forth and said, "Enter therein - for the Master is here".

This is wild, totally mystical, a great experience, and well told!

8. Sally's Trove profile image80
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

It is said that dreams are the second reality, the first being the state of being awake, and that dreams let us explore and resolve matters that can't be addressed in the waking world.

Paradise7, your dream is definitely telling you something.  Perhaps it's not about the end of the world or your life; maybe it's telling you about an end of a particular time in your life. Or maybe it's telling you that time flies and that you need to pay attention to the little things in your daily life that you would normally ignore.

Dreams are never simple, and neither are their interpretations.

Think metaphor.

That helps, somehow.  But I still have the weird feeling there's not much time left for me, and the feeling won't leave me.  I don't know how I want to spend what's left, other than to be grateful for it...

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it was just a dream. i have weird dreams when i am sick too. right now i have a cold so my dreams are all jumbley. one time i dreamed that i died, another time i dreamed my little bunny died but i don't think that means it is a premonition. you're going to be fine, i promise smile

Thanks, Cosette. I truly wish for wellness, it's coming, but something else is coming to, I FEEL it, can't say it in any words.

2. profile image0

sad  bad bunny dream....   dreams, are rarely premonitions. can be, but not to be taken literaly. death in a dream...rarely means death, just a change or need for change.

9. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

wow.

well i respect your feelings, no doubt. i don't know what else to say so i'll just give you a virtual ((hug)).

10. cheaptrick profile image76
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

This ones serious.
    I was entering the delirious stage of heroin withdrawal.
    I was alone in the rain in the woods.
    the visions from Vietnam were very strong.
    Everything went black.
    A bit of Bible scripture floated through my head.
    "many are called but few are chosen".
    Then a whisper.
    "you weren't"

1. profile image0

ha. ill keep you company. smile

11. Jerami profile image60
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I have had them throught out my whole life.  Most often come true except  for the ones that I see coming to fulfillment before the door closes and I can back up out of that situation.
       Last night was a particularily busy night. Had a dozen dreams that seemed prophetic.

As far as your deram, it might have been a warning.Enabeling you to do something to avoid their fulfillment.
       Remember those details that may enable you to prevent those events from coming true. This is sometimes the purpose of the dream.  Sometimes they are only intended for us to be willing to accept those things when they do happen??..

You are the only one that knows the true interpretation of your deram.

1. profile image0

last night was a busy night for alot of people

1. Jerami profile image60
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm   afraid to Ask...  not...  tell me more

12. profile image0

great explanation. i couldn't find the words. i agree with Justine, Paradise. maybe you are just sensing a major life change on the way.

Cheaptrick that was really deep. for some reason that makes me think of Opeth. you've been through a lot.

1. cheaptrick profile image76
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Draft registration has been revived in America"just in case".
      Please don't let your children go...

13. profile image0

really?

you just made my stomach get in a knot

1. cheaptrick profile image76
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry Cosette I wish it weren't true.It seems we all are aware of whats happening but are unable to find the mechanics of how to stop it.
      We have been so jaded by war movies and removed from witnessing death in reality that we are unimpressed by it.
      I assure you the real thing is just as mind destroying as it's always been.
      39 years have passed since my time in Nam and the memories are still fresh.
      Like it happened this morning.
      Our kids go to war today thinking its like the video games they played at home and return mentally bashed in.
      Fact:suicides by Vets jumped 26% in the last year.Some by those of us who could stand it no longer but the majority by the children our Govt has convinced its Cool.

"When they come ashore in New Jersey I'll drive there with my own gun and ammo but not until"
      "the only soldiers who get over war are the dead ones"

14. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

I dream that I wake up. I am 5 years old again. My bed has a Barbie comforter on it. I look over to the doorway and see a piece of candy on the floor. I go to pick it up and see a trail of candy leading to the front door. I walk along, happily picking up the pieces of candy. I open the front door and step outside, delighted to see yet another trail of candy leading to the next door neighbor's yard. I am now a yellow-haired cabbage patch doll, but I don't pay any mind. As soon as I enter the neighbor's yard, I am greeted by a young man I believe was my interpretation of Peter Pan. I am back in my normal body and he asks if I want to go to his party. I say yes and am immediately transported to a bonfire. People are dancing around the bonfire nude and there is talk of a great feast. Peter Pan asks me if I am hungry and I say no. He says good, you will be the meal then and the people proceed to strip me down and tie me up. I wake up as they are about to put me over the fire.

15. profile image0
    tequilarosemama4posted 14 years ago

i had a dream once. wasn't a very good dream but it did feel like a preminiton dream. i was pregnant with my first child and i was with the guy my sister had left. he wanted to date her and she didn't. and i had a crush on him for the longest time. so anyway i was pregnant by him and in my dream i told my sister and she got so upset she wrecked her new vw bug it was a lime green color.  later that day i got a phone call from my dad saying my sister had been in a serious car accident. i asked him what color car she was driving and he told me a lime green vw bug. and i was really actually pregnant by the guy at the time. i have often gotten dreams where i can see things happening before they actually happen. and i have always felt weird.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)