jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

WARNING: Advertising has been disabled on this article

1. Sheryl Willetts profile image80
    Sheryl Willettsposted 2 months ago

Hello,

I am getting a warning for my hub.
    https://hubpages.com/relationships/12-T … -DO-IN-BED
    It is saying
    "WARNING: Advertising has been disabled on this article based on automatic content filters"

What should I do now?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank You.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I'm seeing a No Page message, however, going by the title it has been classed as adult content and therefore, advertising would be disabled. You can't get it reinstated unless you are sure the hub is completely child-friendly.

Sheryl Willettsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Bev,

Sorry for inconvenience
        here is a link:
        https://hubpages.com/relationships/12-T … -DO-IN-BED

1. Marketing Merit profile image96
          Marketing Meritposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I've experienced silmilar issues when writing about relationships. You have to be so careful. Having skimmed through your article, I don't honestly see the ads being reinstated unless you make substantial changes Sheryl.

You would really have to tone down the sexual nature. For example, I limit how often I use the word 'sex' and use alternatives such as 'being intimate.' You have to lose the raw, in-your-face, overtly sexual tone and replace it with a fluffy, ok for Grandma to read scribe.

You can publish these types of articles on your own website, but monetisation would remain an issue. Adsense cracked down on adult content a long time ago and Amazon is doing the same.

Hello marketing merit,
            Thank you so much for your valued advice. I absolutely adore your analogy on making it fluffy for grandma to read! It’s amazing that the word sex is seen as it. However toning it down or even renaming is great advice.
            Thank you once again.

2. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image100
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 2 months ago

HubPages is pretty "family friendly" and I don't think that articles like this one really match the brand.

For an article like this, I would check out filthy.media or humans.media
    These are part of the Vocal network which is like HubPages in that you can earn ad revenue from the articles you write, but their niches are different from a lot of the ones here at HP smile

Kierstin,

Thank you for your explanation.  smile

working