jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Ads disabled on unpublished hub and no idea why

1. Eleanor's Words profile image87
    Eleanor's Wordsposted 6 years ago

Recently I celebrated one year on hubpages and decided to write a hub about my experiences. In fact, I've only just begun and so far the hub is only one paragraph long. It is entitled 'An amateur writing on the internet - Hubpages, one year on' and starts off by explaining that I was completely new to online writing and did not even know what basic terms like backlinking were.

Already a warning has come up saying that the ads will be disabled on this hub.  Why??? I cannot imagine what the problem is. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just finished a hub.  When I started it I first put photos in and saved it unpublished.  The same thing happened to me.  I ignored it and continued to add to the hub over the next 2 weeks.  The disabled ads message dissapeared shortly after adding more content.  just continue to write in it.  It should eventually go away.

Eleanor's Wordsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Daffy Duck. It hasn't happened to me before so I'll try it and see smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I recommend trying to complete the hub, as the pattern and frequency of words may play a role. If the warning is still there when you're done, contact HubPages prior to publishing.

Thanks, Website Examiner. I'll write a bit more and see what happens. Hopefully the warning will disappear before I get to the end or it might have been a waste of time!

3. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Exactly the same thing happened to me recently, and I concur with Daffy Duck and Website Examiner.  By the time I had my hub completed and ready to publish, the ads disabled warning went away.  Hopefully this will be the case for you too. (In my case I think it was the word 'stimulation' that had triggered the warning, although I was using it purely in the context 'intellectual stimulation'...!)

4. profile image0

Giselle Maine, I read your hub just now, and it is very benign. I agree about the word, however. In the OP's case, "Amateur" may be the problem. I also believe the warning will most likely go away when more text is added.

Yes WE, you are right. I simply deleted the word 'amateur' and the warning has disappeared. Thanks for your help smile

5. profile image0

Eleanor's Words, thanks for letting me know. Glad it was solved.

working