jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Table of Contents Snipped

1. Luke Holm profile image97
    Luke Holmposted 2 weeks ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13899358.jpg
    I just got a Table of Contents snipped from a 7,000+ word article. Is HP not allowing Tables of Contents any longer? How do I guide my audience toward specific information within the article without using a Table of Contents? Thank you!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

That's quite a long article, so I can see your dilemma.

If you used links in your TOC, yes, they'll be snipped.
      However, if you just list the sections and then name them in the capsule subtitles, you'll be OK.

Luke Holmposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you, TIMETRAVELER2. They were linked within the article itself. I'll put it back in as you suggested.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

When I do this, I often number the items in the list and then use those same numbers in order in the subtitles.  Helps readers who just want to scroll down to certain sections.

I did. That's a good idea. Thanks again smile

2. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 2 weeks ago

This is horrible! Google is now using in-page links and they have a Jump to: SECTION in the search results. This helps readers and search engines. I'm going to be adding more table of contents to my hubs. If they get snipped, I'll write to the HP team with the examples of my own website where the CTR has increased drastically and the results too, thanks to a within the page table of contents. My articles tend to be long too around 5k words, usually.

Good looking out, Brandon. If they decide to change their policy, please let me know smile

1. lobobrandon profile image90
        lobobrandonposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I can't promise you that, because I usually have a hard time finding older threads smile It would be a while before I implement a new TOC in a particular hub of mine. I'll probably just post a new thread if it's worth news. Hopefully, you'll see it.

working