jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Photo Tips

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago

Lately I've seen a lot of hubbers complaining about the amount of time it takes them to find  (or create) photos.  Here's something I do that eliminates most of these problems that may help.

I take very few or my own photos.
    Instead I use public domain sites like Pixabay and Morguefile among others.
    I also use an editing program called Picmonkey that allows me to manipulate photos in all sorts of clever ways.
    Once I have a basic photo, I place it in a folder made up of files.
    There is a file for each photo source, and within that file are other files that are labeled for content.  For example, I might have a file for Pixabay that holds files for scenery, men, women, tools, etc.

When I need a photo, I simply pull up the already edited photo and use it as needed.

Easy Peasy.

If I don't have a photo on file that will work, I find and edit a new one and then add it to the appropriate file.

Works great!

1. eugbug profile image98
      eugbugposted 2 months agoin reply to this

So we can't persuade you to become an amateur photographer? smile

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months agoin reply to this

Nope.  What I'm doing works fine.  Occasionally I take a few photos and use them, but they're just not as good as the others I find.

2. Rahma Khan profile image42
      Rahma Khanposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing the important information smile
      BTW, Snapseed is also one great app to edit photos

2. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 2 months ago

So you actually look for photos on a regular basis and keep a file of them, ready to use? Not a bad idea if you're looking for a particular genre. I never know what pic I'll need until I have a topic to write about. I do use those same resources you've named but not until I finish writing the article. By the time I write the article in the hubtool, I will have edited it several times and changed the theme slightly so I do the images last to fit the content. I think you're a little more organized than I am, TIMETRAVELER. smile

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months agoin reply to this

Well, it does help if you write in a niche, but even without doing that you can still set up photo files that will work and just slowly keep adding to them as you need different ones.

1. janshares profile image96
        jansharesposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Great idea for my articles on couples and relationships.

working