jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Underground Travel: A Traffic Alleviation...

1. profile image73
    Radhika Prasadposted 11 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Underground Travel: A Traffic Alleviation Solution by Elon Musk (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 8 days ago

I'm afraid we have lots of problems here:

1) Caption your images. I'd use a less-vertical one at the start so readers don't have to scroll as much.
    2) We're told not to title capsules "Introduction."
    3) Be consistent with capitalization of key words in headings.
    4) Avoid bulleted lists with only one entry.
    5) Break up your large chunk of text under "Features of Musk's idea of underground travel."
    6) Why make a thumbnailed image when there's only one picture to show (the electric skate tunnel image)?
    7) Your word count should be at least 700, more if possible.

Heavy editing might be needed, but I wish you the best of luck.

3. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 8 days ago

Building on what Jeremy already said,

I would move the introduction capsule above the image, and yes remove the capsule title. The image is nice and a necessary part of the hub, so I would keep it, but as Jeremy points out it's long and people need to scroll to get to your content. The intro at the beginning solves this problem too.

Use the APA option here to title your headings: https://capitalizemytitle.com

Do you really need an entire subheading and just one link, linking to the boring company? Can you not include this naturally through your text elsewhere on the page?

The article is about Elon's boring company, a huge picture of him serves no purpose in my opinion.

If I were reading this I would love to see more information. Why is boring expensive and how can the costs be reduced?, would this be feasible in earthquake-prone regions? Explain more on why you need tunnels, why this cannot be done in an open chamber for instance: the low pressure simulating a vacuum, etc.

4. Marketing Merit profile image97
    Marketing Meritposted 7 days ago

In addition to the comments above, I felt the article seemed overly promotional. To provide some balance, you should also consider alternative solutions provided by other companies. Also, do you have permission to use the photos that you have included in your hub?