jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why did my full name and where I live?

1. lonelyheroine profile image60
    lonelyheroineposted 9 days ago

All the posts on the hub about online Munchausen's disorder have had my username (lonelyheroine) re-written. I would appreciate it if you didn't publish my full name and address online. There are really sick people who have been stalking me and giving out this information is unsafe. I was forced to go "underground" to make sure nobody knew who I was.

Thank you

1. theraggededge profile image98
      theraggededgeposted 9 days agoin reply to this

Staff probably won't see your question here. It'll be better if you contact team@hubpages.com

1. lonelyheroine profile image60
        lonelyheroineposted 9 days agoin reply to this

Thank you.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 days agoin reply to this

Hi lonelyheroine,

You keep your name from showing up by editing your profile and changing what shows up in the "Real Name" field. You can simply leave it blank if you'd like.

I'm not seeing your address anywhere, and an address isn't part of the information we collect from users. Could you give me some more information about where you are seeing it show up?

2. daydreams profile image98
    daydreamsposted 9 days ago

I don't know the full answer to your question- and you might want to email the Hubpages Team liked theraggededge says, but in the meantime, you can change the public name on your profile yourself by editing your profile. You are supposed to use either your real name, or a real sounding pen name, and you can change anything it says about where you live.

Sorry if that's not what you meant.

3. paradigmsearch profile image92
    paradigmsearchposted 9 days ago

Whatever is going on, the OP is not kidding. She has unpublished all her hubs.