My Last Straw With Google Adsense!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. ziyena profile image89
    ziyenaposted 5 years ago

I went to log into my Google AdSense account and find that it has been disabled.  The message reads due to suspicious activity.  I've been around long enough to know better than to click or open anything on any of my hubs other than to edit them.  I haven't a clue as to why this happened.  The alert suggested that I read the conditions for which an account has been disabled.  So, I did.  There were several reasons why an account gets disabled. 

"Google treats invalid traffic very seriously, analyzing all clicks and impressions to determine whether they fit a pattern of use that might artificially drive up an advertiser's costs or a publisher's earnings. If we determine that an AdSense account might pose a risk to our Google Ads advertisers, we may disable that account to protect our advertisers' interests." 

This one caught my attention because it doesn't necessarily say the account holder's clicks or impressions.  Does this mean someone else could be trolling my articles and unwittingly driving up activity???  The alert also read that an email was sent explaining the reason.  I have two emails … one that I use as a log in option and the other back up for security.  I've checked all inboxes, spam, and deleted folders.  Nothing.  At this point, seeing as how very little earnings I've accumulated in the last 7 years - not even a dollar - no email with explanation as promised - I've come to the point of frustration that I'd rather not deal with that machine anymore HOWEVER since I'm now disabled, will this affect my traffic or ranking with Google in the future?  Would greatly appreciate feedback.  Thanks

1. Ladymermaid profile image83
      Ladymermaidposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your articles look amazing. There are still ads on your pages so I would contact Hubpages staff to learn more. If you are not earning here then you may want to move your articles to your own website and attempt another income stream. I presume Hubpages staff should be able to see who was clicking on the ads.

ziyenaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank You for the compliment.  Seven years of hard work is not easy to throw away.  I've explained in the appeal that if I triggered something then it wasn't done on purpose and I'm willing to rectify whatever needs to be done to fix things.  They've got to at the least take in to account the amount of time I've had an AdSense account without any problems. Now, I wait

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

The only thing I can think of is if someone you know is reading your articles and clicking on ads and Google picked up on the connection.  For example, if you have a child who uses your same computer or with whom you communicate regularly who decides to click on one of your ads, this can be seen as gaming the system.  Other than that, I cannot imagine why they would disable your account.  Since you can only have one Adsense account, if you don't straighten this situation out, you won't be able to earn on HP or on any other site.  This is serious.  I would contact the team immediately to see if they can help.  I would also run a malware and virus scan on my computer to see if a hacker has gotten into your computer and possibly caused this problem.  Good luck

I've filed an appeal form.  If that doesn't work then it looks like I'm done with HP.  No reason to continue if so.  We'll see.  Thanks for your help

3. profile image0
      Anusha Nimrodposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You have a beautiful set of articles here. Just ask from hubspace. I'm new here and I don't know how the things are going on here. But I guess that you deserve better!!

Thank You kindly … I did email the team asking for an intervention.  perhaps they can help.  I hope so or I'll have to move on.

4. bhattuc profile image79
      bhattucposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Long back I committed one inadvertent mistake in my blog and Google Adsense was disabled.

I tried with other email account also but it did not work.

Recently I again applied for it with same email but from a different site where my activity is quite good. They have not rejected it but it is showing my Google Adsense application as pending.

They are very strict in these matters.

2. Kenna McHugh profile image93
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

I understand not being able to talk to a human at Google. It can be frustrating. However, there is a recourse.  I believe you have an option to submit a rebuttal or petition somewhere in the Google scheme of things. Someone mention that here at the forum.

Yes, I did.  It wasn't so complicated but the wait is 72 hours.  Twiddling my thumbs … Thank You

3. ziyena profile image89
    ziyenaposted 5 years ago

It's possible that I might have unwittingly triggered suspicious activity when I signed up for Matador Creators Network which is a site for travel/adventure writers who are looking for prospective jobs to write articles for different entities.  When you sign up, they request an example of your writing, a URL to link to  your profile to grab the attention of prospective employers.  Perhaps, this is the reason.  I don't know.  I've written an explanation to HP asking for intervention since this was not done to play with my numbers but an attempt to show my writing skills.  If so, let this be a lesson to anyone else out there not aware that it could cause issues with AdSense.  We shall see.

4. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

I hope they set it back the way it was. 72 hours before a reply, that's long.

Yes … tests the patience.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I got a message from Google AdSense today that one of my articles on Spinditty violated their "policy." It took me a while to figure out what the "violation" was, but apparently the Google Powers That Be decided that the cover of an Iron Maiden album (which, like all of their album covers, features their zombie mascot character "Eddie") was considered "shocking content." Seriously? I posted that article three years ago, they're just noticing it now? Wow.

I pushed the button to ask for a "review" but if they ding it again, screw it, I'll just unpublish that particular article. It's not like it's one of my major players anyway.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

Why dump the entire article?  Why not just replace the image??

1. FatFreddysCat profile image95
        FatFreddysCatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's the cover of the album being reviewed. It seems kind of pointless not to use it.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

If the image is the problem, there indeed is a point in deleting it..if it's the thing affecting the Adsense account.  There are other ways to discuss an album without showing the cover.

The image in question isn't particuarly "shocking" though. There's no blood/guts/nudity/etc. There are far worse album covers out there.

Either way, I've unpublished the article till I can find an alternate pic. I don't have the time or patience to butt heads with Google over it.

6. Kenna McHugh profile image93

My fingers crossed, waiting is no fun. I am sure it is 72 hours during business hours, so you should hear back before the weekend. Timing is everything.

7. ziyena profile image89
    ziyenaposted 5 years ago

Thanks all … very kind.

8. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

I had a blog for a while and applied for adsense on it.  Before it was approved they banned me saying there were people clicking on ads or whatever.  Of course, given that I had not been approved yet there were no ads to click on. I appealed four times over the course of the month and never heard anything back one way or the other.  I finally quite writing it and gave up.

9. Kenna McHugh profile image93

Natalie,
    Your situation is an example of Adsense's bizarre behavior. Not to mention frustrating. Geez.

10. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 years ago

FFC Google is a very tinkly-bell about what is shocking. I'm expecting to be admonished over images of rutabagas without clothes on. Oh pass the smelling salts.

Nude rutabagas? Shameless! Won't someone please think of the children? (clutches pearls, faints dramatically)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)