Views During Weekends

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)
  1. davrowpot profile image95
    davrowpotposted 3 years ago

Is it me, or do views/does viewership significantly drop during weekends? Or is it just a normal thing in HP/Maven? Thanks in advance for the answers. smile

1. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I seem to notice my views drop slightly on weekends at times, but today most of my red up arrows are for articles still on HubPages and the down blue arrows are for articles that are on niche sites. That may be just a coincidence.

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Weekends can be good and/or bad - depends on your readership - for example, someone writing educational articles might attract more  students, so weekdays traffic will be high and weekend figures low. Articles focusing on hobbies and the like could have higher traffic weekends and not many viewers in the week. Most of my articles appeal to students so numbers drop off considerably at the weekend and build back up by Monday. The pandemic however has played a big role in skewing these trends somewhat!

1. davrowpot profile image95
        davrowpotposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I just write whatever idea comes into mind.

2. davrowpot profile image95
        davrowpotposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Okay, this one's supposed to be longer. I put a smiley emoji after the one above and the rest are cut off. Weird. Must be some bug.

Well anyway, I just write whatever idea comes into mind. I thoroughly research them first and I write. But I guess most of my articles are targeted for students? I did observe the rising and falling effects of viewership and readership when I'm analyzing my articles' status.

Oh, and yes, the pandemic. I have tons of ideas for travel articles. They may have to wait a little longer to be written, I suppose.

3. OldRoses profile image93
      OldRosesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It depends on your niche.  I write gardening articles.  Gardening is something that people do on weekends so my traffic starts to rise on Friday, peaks on Saturday and Sunday and then falls on Mondays.

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 3 years ago

Views at weekends are almost always lower. Most people spend most time on the internet Monday to Friday. Saturday is generally the low point.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 3 years agoin reply to this

My low point is Thursday and Friday and the weekends see more traffic than any other day of the week. I am not sure if that is based on subject matter.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
        PaulGoodman67posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Your readers must be highly dedicated to their jobs and schooling and not do much surfing during work or school time. That is certainly strange and atypical.

I write on a variety of topics, overlapping with you in some instances, and the weekly pattern is pretty much universally followed. For instance, fixing a DIY problem, you might expect to have more views at weekend, but the reality is that people look it up when they're at work. It's the same for my pet articles.

One can see the weekly viewing patterns on website stats for specific keywords/keyphrases with some basic research. And it's extremely rare for the standard weekly pattern to be different from the "n-shaped" mountainous curves, in my experience (with the lowest point usually falling on Saturday morning). Not saying your wrong in your own case, but what you are experiencing is very unusual.

3. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

It depends on your content and readers. When I started writing home and garden articles, views naturally went up at the weekend when the majority of people are off work and they do maintenance around the home. Then I wrote several math and physics guides which got a lot of traffic, and traffic started peaking mid week. Presumably because students are unmotivated from Monday to Tuesday and then get lazy again towards the end of the week. During the pandemic, views evened out over the week with students and workers working from home.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
      PaulGoodman67posted 3 years agoin reply to this

The information on this is freely available online. There are entire websites dedicated to this stuff. Home maintenance drops at the weekends. It doesn't drop as much as academic info, but it follows the same pattern. That's both my personal and my research experience, anyway. Pretty much every weekly graph of views (according to keyword/keyphrases) follows the n-shaped mountain range shape with the low point occurring somewhere around Saturday morning.

There are surprisingly few exceptions. Sports can be one. I have an article on my favorite soccer team, Leeds United. The views can change according to which day that they play, distorting the pattern. That's rare though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)