Successions of your Articles on HubPages or Mavern?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)
  1. sallybea profile image95
    sallybeaposted 3 years ago

What happens to my account when I die?
    The ownership of a HubPages account is established by:

Access to the account email associated with the HubPages profile
    Knowledge of the username and password
    Knowledge of the answers to the account security questions.
    If you are concerned about succession, make sure to share that information with whomever you would like to have control of your account upon your passing.

With Covid on my mind, I wonder if anyone has any previous knowledge of whether or not this has ever actually happened in the past.

1. profile image0
      Marisa Writesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

EarnestHub springs to mind. 
      https://hubpages.com/community/forum/88 … ely-missed

Maven's takeover hasn't changed anything.

2. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

I expect it recently occurred when TT2 (Sondra) passed.

sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I meant to have a look to see if her writing is still up.  What an amazing lady!  She sure put the work in, RIP.

2. Marie Flint profile image71
      Marie Flintposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know. Blessings upon her soul. RIP!

3. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 3 years ago

Looks like her account is still going strong and carry an axel's worth of weight.

Sounds good but it seems that as Marisa writes it may not be as it seems which is a shame.

4. profile image0
    Marisa Writesposted 3 years ago

I'm not sure whether anything has been done about TT2's account or not.  HubPages would take no action until they are notified by her estate.   Until then, the account will just continue as it is, even if her Paypal account becomes invalid.

Sondra had made preparations in case of her death. She had given her husband (Wayne) all the information on her HubPages account, Paypal, etc.  She knew he'd have no idea what to do, so she had asked me to handle all the transfers to his name, and instructed him to contact me if the time came.

No one has been in touch with me. I see her Facebook page is still live and hasn't been memorialized. It makes me fearful that Wayne has also passed.  He'd been having a lot of heart problems so also very susceptible to Covid. 

I don't think it ever occurred to Sondra that he wouldn't survive her, as she never mentioned providing information to a solicitor or anyone else.

It distresses me that if a lawyer is left to wrap up her estate, he might just close down the HubPages account and all her work would be lost.  Alternatively, he might not even be aware of articles ona website, and do nothing - but in that case, her articles will just stay as they are, not being managed or updated (and of course, no one receiving the income)

That really is a shame, this emphasises how important it is to be prepared for every eventuality.

2. Marie Flint profile image71
      Marie Flintposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm impressed, Marissa. That's a fairly heavy responsibility thrust upon you, and it sounds like your hands are tied. It'll all work out eventually, I'm sure. You're a good person for being Sondra's friend,

1. profile image0

It's a very odd situation.  We were such good friends although we'd never met, exchanging emails every week.  The task wouldn't have been an onerous one. 

I suppose it was the same as being a penpal in the old days. The funny thing is, we never thought to exchange phone numbers and we didn't even know each other's addresses - we did everything by email and Facebook. So when she suddenly stopped replying, I had no idea what had happened and no way to contact any of her family.  Other than Wayne, no one else knows of our friendship.

She was also on Pinterest and her youtube videos are still up but apart from possibly asking one of her friends on facebook not sure how you would make contact.

1. profile image0

That's how I found out.  I sent a message to one of her other Facebook friends and she replied with the news - but all she said was, "Sandy passed of covid".

I replied asking if Wayne was OK but she never answered.  I can understand it, because she has no idea who I am and may be reluctant to engage in conversation.

I had no idea that she passed with Covid, I presumed, wrongly then that she lost her life to the cancer when it returned.  How very sad.

1. profile image0

Yes, that is why I fear for Wayne, as it's likely he would have caught it too, and his health was not good.

Pinterest will also do nothing until someone provides them with official notification.  Google has an "account inactive" system which would cover Youtube, so that will eventually disappear if Wayne isn't around (I'm sure she would have named him as her backup for that too).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)