Is posting 10 hubs a day damaging or benefiting my Hubpages Account?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (53 posts)
  1. OanaWriter profile image91
    OanaWriterposted 10 years ago

I can't seem to find an answer for this in the learning center. I have a large set of articles I've been writing for a while  + some time on my hands to dedicate to Hubpages for the next couple of months.

Would publishing 10 hubs a day benefit or disadvantage me, both in terms of hub score / hub reputation and earnings ?

The hubs will be high quality and I can write full time for Hubpages and as I mentioned I already have lots of my own content that would be eligible. I would prefer to put them up for earning reasons and also to build my profile.

Would it be better to have more than one account? Do I run any risks with Hubpages or Google or is it actually benefiting me to be active?

Btw, I'm also fairly active on the Hubpages community, answering questions, commenting on hubs etc.

Thanks a lot in advance for answering

1. profile image0
      Ben Blackwellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

10 articles a day is a lot.  I don't know if it would damage your account to upload 10 a day, but you might be able to get more out of them (initially), if you upload 3 per day, perhaps.  You could then work on building followers, who would see the next hubs.  Basically, instead of doing everything at once, you can space it out while people have a change to 'catch up.'

I don't know if this will work or not from experience, but it's just an idea.

OanaWriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ben, thanks for your response. I guess publishing less it's okay, and 3 a day is feasible. However, I just feel like I'm somehow 'wasting' my content if I just keep it in my desktop folders. I do also have time in my hands to write more and I thought I could work hard now and build a good profile with quality hubs that will attract readers and also make some passive income for the future..hmm..I am torn and the advise available is very little so I am very concerned not to be perceived as spamming...as I am not at all..just working hard.
        Thanks so much for answering!

1. profile image0
          Ben Blackwellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean.  I'm still pretty new myself, and may be wrong, so don't take my advice until it's been mixed in with what others have to say.  Good luck with your account here.

Thanks so much for your help, I think I'll just go on with writing, if the content is good nothing else should be a problem.

hopefully smile

2. Mary McShane profile image78
          Mary McShaneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't worry about ten hubs a day hurting your account.  There is a medical hubber who is uploading one hub per hour. Some days he uploads as many as 25 hubs and other days only 12 hubs.  No one has stopped him and his scores remain in the high 90's.  There is no limit in TOS to say how many articles you can publish, unlike Bubblews and other sites who have restrictions.

As long as you have original content, go for it.  However, I would save some articles for a rainy day, when either writer's block kicks in or when there is a contest running.  I think it is exhausting to write 3 a day, so I commend you on your energizer bunny abilities. 

I am following you now, and even though it's been 2 weeks since you have published anything, I look forward to reading more of your work.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My question would be, how are your hubs doing? I think that if you are publishing hubs that people are searching for and want to read, the more the better.

Hi Sherry, thank you for your response.
        My hubs are doing good so far, all featured and views rose sharply. I only posted 10 yesterday and 4 today. I have plenty already written and lots of ideas for new ones.

So far the odds are looking good, but I stumbled across some articles about Google sandbox and something about Hubscore and writing too many articles and got all confused and concerned...

Thanks again for your answer!

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If these are old articles which are no longer published anywhere else, then I see no problem with publishing 10 a day.  However, I wonder if that's really feasible. 

Pasting the text into a Hub won't get you far - you need to split the text over several capsules, probably with appropriate sub-headings.  You need to find the right images to complement the text and attribute them properly.  You should always try to find a video that fits, too. If you have Amazon or eBay, you need to spend time searching for just the right products to include.  If you do it properly, even just creating a Hub from existing text can take an hour!

Hi Marisa, thanks for your reply. I agree with you, with the hub structure even when I have the text is takes an hour or so to put it into the right format. Thanks for your answer.

4. noenhulk profile image59
      noenhulkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's a lot of articles. I hope I can make that many too. It will make my time so busy if I will insist on. I still have so many things to do first before I can write that huge per day. If it does not break the rule of HP, go on, it will in time make your earnings go up while building audience and followers.

5. Dan W Miller profile image73
      Dan W Millerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Just the chance of grammatical and spelling errors are at a higher degree. Easier to review and edit one or two at a time. I've HAD 10 at a time running. But I just have too much of a busy life to post the amount of hubs that others do. 20 sounds pathetic but I'm just a rookie.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ten hubs a day is a lot of info for readers to absorb. I would try to spread them out farther, and save a few for when you are busy or have a creative block.

When I was really into it, sometimes I posted 2 hubs a week, but I tend to write long ones. It takes time for them to get noticed by Google and the other search engines too. You don't want to burn yourself out! Though I understand when we are enthusiastic about something, we want to keep at it. I'm heading over to look at your hubs now!

2. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 10 years ago

With regards to the hubberscore it used to go down if you published "too many" hubs "too quickly" although they have changed the way the hubber score is calculated so it could do anything!!

What happens with your hubber score however is really of little relevance as it is an internal measure within HP, what is really important is what Google thinks...

If Google sees an account suddenly fill with 10's/100's of hubs in a very short space of time it may decide that your account is showing "unusual" activity for this site - you may therefore find your account dropped in the sandbox...

Google may also be suspicious if you post many articles and then stop...

Personally if I had that many articles ready for publication I would spread them around; use more than one account here and even use other sites rather than putting all of your eggs here in the HP basket. That way you can decide which sites are best for your style and niche of writing; you can always move them later if the other sites do not do well!

Hi LeanMan, thank you for your detailed answer. Google is what I worry the most about. I decided to open a different account and post there bit by bit, which also gives a chance to focus on more topics but still keep a little bit of a niche/various niches. I have some time in my hands so I was quite fired up to just focus on Hubpages as in the past I've only focused on my niche blogs. Thanks very much for the advice.

2. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 10 years ago

When I see someone posting multiple articles per day, it's really clear that person is just writing by spinning info they find elsewhere and that they don't have any personal engagement and experienced with their topics.

In the long run, that content tends to be the thin sort of stuff that isn't useful to readers, nor a hit with search engines.

Hi Relache, many thanks for your answer. All my articles that I have written and the ones I am writing on a daily basis are 100% unique, either my knowledge or well researched stuff. However, I know that posting too much could appear as spamming/spinning etc. It's unfortunate that because some people spam we, the genuine writers, also have to fear this when we decide to write and post more often. thanks for the advice.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
        LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would post no more than 2 per day. Somehow your profile score and the hub score seems to be affected if posting more than 2 per day. I used to post one or two hubs per day but noticed a drop in scores when I posted 2. Now I only post one.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Luis makes a good point - the goal of HP is for writers to publish, publish, publish, but perversely, the Hubber score will often drop when you write new hubs.  Fun  huh?

2. OanaWriter profile image91

HI LuisEGonzalez and mary Goodfleisch, thanks for your answers. I have my second account now and I also separated the niches which helped out and hopefully I will only benefit from posting regularly.
          It's really very surprising that when you want to post more there's a problem...oh well...
          thanks again for your advice.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

I would not do that, if for no other reason than to have a stockpile of things available to publish at a later date, when life might get more hectic, and you do not have the time to work on writing.
    That way, you could successfully and easily complete a "30 hubs in 30 days" challenge, for example, or just tide you over through a dry spell when writers' block might strike.
    Just because you have them waiting and ready to go does not mean they or your efforts are "wasted" if you don't publish them immediately.

Hi DzyMsLizzy, thanks for your answer. I will be taking on board your advice and keep some good hubs for the old days.
      I keep on hearing about the 30 hubds in 30 days challenge. Is that for motivation only, to commit publicly and stick to it, or are there further benefits in joining? thanks again for your answer.

5. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 10 years ago

Just the thought of writing ten a day makes me want to go and lie down! how on earth could you do it? I usually or used to do one or two a week! now I am trying to get a couple done, but ten? phew! Exhausted...! lol!

Hi Nell, thanks for your answer smile

I don't write ten a day although I often did. I had another hubpage account that I changed to this as I wanted a different username. Also I've been writing regularly for practice and fun for my blogs and other places similar to hubpages but now I have two specific niche blogs and quite a bit of content that I could post here. In addition, I also write on a daily basis so I considered taking a very proactive approach to Hubpages in 2014 and really giving it a go at both becoming a profilic writer and earning some passive income. However, my idea of writing proactively is a bit hindered by what may appear as spam.

However, I do have to agree with you that 10 articles a day is exhausting. I have done it before but it took me literally the entire day. Thanks again for your answer.

1. Nell Rose profile image91
        Nell Roseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with your writing, its great when you have a lot of back up writing that you have already done. I have been a bit lazy over here lately, but hope to get back into it. I prefer hubs to other places, but like others have been churning out Bubblews! lol! just for the money of course, but here it feels like real writing!

Thanks Nell, I do agree that the backup writing takes some pressure off my shoulders for the future.

How is Bubblews? I heard about it and looked into it briefly but some people say it is a scam and they had their accounts banned, with no notice and no advise, just before the payout. What is your experience with it?

1. Nell Rose profile image91
            Nell Roseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I missed your reply, yes its fine as long as you stick to the rules, its pretty easy money, as long as you can write up to ten short pieces a day the money comes in quite fast. its not like on here where we write real articles, its more like facebook posts, come and join us! lol!

Thanks for your reply Nell, I'll most likely try it out.

6. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

I'd publish them all in a few days if it were possible... the sooner they're out there, the sooner they can get views. Then you can use retroactive SEO to tweak titles, add MFP images, do anything else you need to do.

I'd personally use several accounts though, to split them up by subject and so one account isn't too spammed.

Scores don't matter; search engines and visitors neither see nor care about them.

Hi WryLit, thanks for your answer. That's exactly what I was thinking, that by sitting in my desktop folder they won't get any views and certainly won't benefit anyone.
      Thank you for your advice about using several accounts. I know have two an will be posting regularly there.
      Hopefully it goes well and my constant flow of articles benefits me.

Thanks again for your answer.

What is retroactive SEO and MFP images? did a web quick search but the findings were slightly confusing.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you have already written all those articles, just stick 'em up and hit the publish button.
        Then, when you have time, go back and change titles to become search-friendly, and add Made for Pinterest images (MPF) - basically these are attractive images to which you have added some text to draw the reader in. If you or someone else shares them on Pinterest, it will draw traffic towards your hub.
        Retroactive SEO is editing to make sure your article can be found by search engines. It is not keyword stuffing, it is making sure that your main keywords are in the title, and the text at least once, and also other words that mean the same so that Google's bots know exactly what your hub is about.

The biggest danger of publishing so many articles in such a short time is that Google may decide you are a spammer. This is less likely to happen if your hubs take in a range of topics.

Other hubbers are not your main source of traffic. The search engines are.

I agree with Wrylilt - go ahead and publish. I would not recommend anyone try writing 10 hubs per day, but from what you have said you have them already written.

IzzyM, thank you so much for your advice and explaining all the technical terms for me. I really appreciate it and will be taking the advice on board.

I have now made two accounts and I am publishing my content as in my desktop folder it won't do any good smile.

Thank you for noting I mentioned I have most of the content already, as I honestly don't want anyone to think I'm some spammer or that I choose quantity for quality. I just have my own content and some time and motivation to write more, but I know Google regulations can be a bit tricky.

Thanks again for your great tips, I'll do just do, focus first on getting my content up and then I'll go back and perfect it.

2. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks IzzyM.

Yes basically I see retroactive SEO as publishing content then leaving it. See what your main traffic sources are and keywords are... then tweak your content to reflect that.

I have a hub on making MFPs.

7. susi10 profile image97
    susi10posted 10 years ago

Remember, Oana Writer, that quality is always better than quantity. Google will always rank your content higher in the results if you have, you know, about 900 - 1500 words. Try ticking all the boxes on the Need Some Goals box. Whilst writing 10 hubs a day might sound good, you need to keep in mind that Google will rank you on quality. I have looked through some of your hubs and you could make them a little longer, just add an extra paragraph or two. That way, you will show Google that you are a good quality writer and you can be trusted.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Oana Writer,
      It's a lot of work to post a hub, I would post maybe 2 or 3 at a time. That way more people have time to spend reading them.

Plus you have material sitting around and can not write for a while. If you post 10 at a time, it's overload, and too many people will have to choose one or two to read. It seems you got good advice, if you are getting good results, post one every other day. But otherwise take it slow. Good luck.

Susi10 and Jean Bakula, thank you for your replies. I agree that posting only takes a long time, thanks for all the tips I'll be taking them into account.

1. susi10 profile image97
        susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hola Oana Writer, smile
        I'm glad you will take those tips into account. Just remember that:
        - You can have a pile of short hubs that produce nothing because Google don't rank them well enough. You need to work length into them.
        - When writing a hub, make it in such a way that the reader will feel satisfied. I have read your hub on what you can buy for $10 in different countries. Well done, it was highly interesting and informative but I wanted more. I would have liked it if you added more countries. Adding more content will add more uniqueness to your hubs.
        - I know Hubbers that have under a hundred hubs but receive more traffic than some that have two or three times that amount. You can write ten hubs a day, but make sure that they are high-quality.
        - For a passive income here on HP, you will need to write high quality hubs with more than a 1000 words. Writing short hubs are fine too but over the long-term they will not keeping earning.

You are doing great though, (love your HubPages Café Spanish Lessons, muy bien!)
        Buena suerte! smile

Hi Susi10 thank you for your informative advice, I really appreciate it. I have most of the content so I won't be writing 10 hubs a day, I really write 2-3 and then publish some I have already that I of course edit etc.
          I fully understand that longer is better, but don't you sometimes feel that some topics are better shorter? I personally feel there are articles I have things to say in 2000 words (I have some hubs like this) and some maximum 700.
          However, I guess we always have to comply with Google sad
          PS thanks for the lovely comments on /and about my Spanish hub and I will also try to add some more countries to the hub you mentioned smile

8. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

I had a look at some of your hubs earlier when I was on the iPad. I don't comment from it unless I feel I have to, because I prefer a real keyboard to an on-board one.

From what I could see your hubs look fine and the titles were search-friendly already.

To be 'stellar' they would probably need to be longer, but hey look at page 1 Google results and be proud that you wrote more than 500 words.

If they don't get traffic, or if Hubpages unfeatures them, then go back and add more but in my opinion they don't need it, and many so-called stellar hubs on this site are long-winded and difficult to read.

IzzyM thanks for your feedback, I appreciate that you took the time to look at the hubs and give me some advice.

I struggles with length at times. Some articles I just feel I have enough to say so I go up to 2000 words but some I just leave them at 700 because if I was to say more would probably just be filling it with fluffy words.

I myself as a reader get turned off at times from very long wrong articles. I guess this length part can be a bit tricky.

Thanks again for reading my hubs and your great feedback.

9. warchild75 profile image65
    warchild75posted 10 years ago

I don't honestly believe you could produce 10 high quality articles a day, It can take a good couple of hours for me to produce a good article, How would you manage 10, Sounds highly unlikely to me, also Im not sure it would do you any good. 2 high quality ones will always win over 10 medium hubs!

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The OP has already written these articles. She is talking about publishing them, not starting afresh and writing them from scratch.

Thanks IzzyM smile Warchild75, thanks for your comment. As IzzyM mentioned, I do have a lot of the content already and is publishing it all at a rate of about 10 a day that I was  concerned about.

10. spiritlife profile image61
    spiritlifeposted 10 years ago

I think you should read this article....http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/04/five-featured-hub-barrier/
    Has useful information which can help you

thanks for the link spiritlife it's definitely got some important info I didn't know.

11. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

I wouldn't recommend submitting 10 a day, even if they are high-quality. After all, what happens if you hit a month where you just can't come up with any material?

I'd suggest going for a more scheduled approach. For example, I self-impose a rule of publishing at least one hub every 2 weeks, so I give myself plenty of time to come up with and write a new review despite any temporary setbacks. This way, even if I hit a day where I can't write anything, I've still got 8 days left.

Hi Zelkiiro, thanks for your comment, a schedule sounds great.

12. George P Lea profile image60
    George P Leaposted 4 years ago

Hello OanaWriter,

First of all, I will readily admit I'm spanking brand new here, and barely have a clue how Google scrutinizes content. HOWEVER, as a working musician of 40 years I have a strong desire and knack as to how audiences think in terms of how I should arrange songs in a set, or on an album/CD, or how long artists should wait between releasing albums/CD's, etc.

So, look at Steely Dan that has a DEEP cult following, as do other mega great musical artists. You'll notice when the musical vines are abuzz with possible releases the artists and labels use every day, week, month building up the hype so by the time they DO finally release it the tension is such that the product whiplashes off the shelves in almost literal minutes.

And despite the fact that I LOATHE everything Mac/Apple, they do the same thing. So, I'm just suggesting that you might do some research on how you could use Google to aid you in achieving that kind of effect.

Good Luck

13. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 years ago

I recognize this is a five-year-old thread that has been resurrected, but, in my view, it is impossible to write ten high-quality articles in a single day. And, if you aren't writing a high-quality article why bother writing at all?

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

5 year old thread. OP has a total now of 18 hubs.
      I take it from this that she never tried that ten per day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)