jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (22 posts)

Having issues with new hubs

1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I am just wondering if anyone else is having issues when they finish a new hub and hit Publish. I have to hit it TWICE before it publishes the hub and just wondering if there is possibly a bug or something.

Thanks!

2. profile image0

guess I'm the only one having issues....hmmm

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Turn on the task manager and watch your CPU and swap file useage. You may be cookin your end of it! lol
      That happens to me when I flog my 2gig of ram running too many TSR programs in the task bar.
      Or maybe hubpages server is shared?
      I have also known firefox and IE7 onwards to bog down sometimes and need a restart, hope that helps! smile

3. profile image0

hmmm but I only have hubpages running and Microsoft Word where I write my hubs and then copy and paste...so I don't see how it could be bogged down..unless there is something else going on I don't know about yikes smile

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Can you have a look in the task manager! The performance button is the one you want. If it is using most of it's CPU look under Processes and find the one that is burning your CVPU use. Sometimes a virus checker or firewall can do this.
      ... or the local network may be slow as hell and resets on time-out! lol

4. profile image0

Well we were having issues with the net earlier so it might be tat again. stupid net! lol

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

You having problems again Crazd? lol lol

Just kidding. tongue

What's up?

@Earnest, what's up with you today? smile

6. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

crazd it happens to me too sad  rats.

7. profile image0

okay phew so I'm not the only one...it's weird.

and yes Cags having issues again lol

1. yoshi97 profile image82
      yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's the site pausing in awe to your latest creation before accepting it ... smile

8. profile image0

lol Yoshi you are too funny. I doubt that...htey are just letters to my dead pets... And where have you been? we haven't chatted in a while.

Well ... I got sidetracked building a *simple* blog (I did that in one night) and then I decided to *tinker* with the plugins and got lost to it all. Now I have so many bells and whistles I don't know what to do with them all - lol!

Other than that, I've been popping in and out of HP looking for some relaxation as I can, and the mood of the site seems to have finally toned down to fun again. smile

9. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hello everyone,

What be happening? smile

*Yoshi sees Cags meandering by innocently and hits him with a balloon full of baby burp*

See? ... Fun! smile

*Yoshi runs off, dropping portable black holes in his wake to help him escape Cagsil*

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

roll A dragon runs? lol lol lol Now, that's too funny. lol lol lol

1. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I thought dragons kinda fumbled ran...or flew hehehe

Yeah, well, I ate one too many damsels during the crusades, and I've been trying to run more to burn it off ... smile

10. profile image0

You mean toned down to boring lol there aren't a lot of ppl here now so it's not as fun as it use to be. and dang it Yoshi stop getting lost. am I going to have to get you a map?

Hey cags! nothing much I'm just chatting to Scott smile he and i are pen pals now since he left hubpages.

Well, that's nice. smile

11. profile image0

yikes Yoshi...how could you eat those damsels. you know what they say...a tasty moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips

Tasty moment on the lips? Hmmm.....? I find the taste lasts longer than a moment. And, haven't found it to do anything to my hips. lol lol

12. yoshi97 profile image82
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

The women were a lot plumper back then ... smile

working