Issues with the HubPages website this afternoon!

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (57 posts)
  1. Glenda Motsavage profile image70
    Glenda Motsavageposted 9 years ago

Anyone else having issues accessing certain aspects of HubPages this afternoon? I thought it was my computer until I read a Facebook post!  While editing I couldn't upload photos, couldn't preview, and after clicking 'done editing' the page wouldn't load.  Only sporadically was I able to get to the Forum, and most times I couldn't even access the website.

1. profile image0
      robertzimmerman2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Over the last hour or so it either loads or it doesn't.

2. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Site was down for awhile. I was having trouble with it until a few minutes ago.

3. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

After publishing my newest hub, I got a message that HP was doing some work on their servers so it wasn't your computer. Things are back up and running, but not everything is working correctly. I've read some hubs that had images missing that were there yesterday. Some pages still don't load properly. I hope this only a small glitch that HP can fix before all those hubs get flagged for low quality.

4. Pollyanna Jones profile image95
      Pollyanna Jonesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's happening for me too. I can't upload photos onto Hubs that I am editing, nor will it display the photos that I have already uploaded. Published Hubs seem okay though. I hope they fix it soon, as I would like to get this article published by tomorrow.

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image95
        Pollyanna Jonesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It seems to be working a bit better for me now, although there are still occasional hiccups.

5. breakfastpop profile image64
      breakfastpopposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I can't even begin to write a hub. I can't get by the very beginning of the process!

6. wordswithlove profile image68
      wordswithloveposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, I had problems too! It happened sometime yesterday (Saturday) and the page wouldn't load. When it did, I got error messages when I tried to do something, anything at all on from the homepage. It was the only site I had trouble with; all others were working just fine.
      It looks as though it is resolved now. Whew, a relief!

1. brakel2 profile image73
        brakel2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

At first, I thought it was my computer until I checked my bank web site, and it was fine. I noticed it Friday when I read a hub, and one pic had icon in middle. I clicked on it and photo appeared. Hope today, Sunday is better. At least I got right on the site which was slow or down yesterday.

2. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 9 years ago

Rest assured Glenda...It is not you nor your computer.  This has been a problem for some time today.  Just now I waited patiently to post this reply to your question.....Let's hope it is repaired.  I'm sure it's frustrating to most of us!  .....Hang in there!

3. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

I, too, am experiencing difficulty accessing HubPages.

4. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

It is so frustrating I am unable to access my earnings page.  Oh well, they are probably updating the site.  Thank you for posting because I thought it was computer.

5. esmonaco profile image67
    esmonacoposted 9 years ago

Seems to be back up and running now.

6. Shorebirdie profile image74
    Shorebirdieposted 9 years ago

I was having trouble, too.  I was able to get in through an external link, but couldn't check my own feeds or pages.

7. Beaddoodler profile image66
    Beaddoodlerposted 9 years ago

Chrome won't even load Hubpages on my laptop.

8. StaceyWrites profile image81
    StaceyWritesposted 9 years ago

I couldn't reach the site at all earlier, and I first thought it was my pitiful connection because I'm at a hotel for the weekend. I still seem to be having issues with trying to edit some of the capsules. I can't for the life of me upload any photos and I'm so close to getting a Hub finished, too.

9. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I had problems with my email, HubPages, etc. until I cleared my caches, etc., ran a quick check on my Defender and cleared my Disk Cleanup. Try all of that.

10. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

I was also having trouble until about 30 minutes ago. Hopefully the problem has now been rectified.

11. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

They are updating their servers.

12. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 9 years ago

Yeah, I am a little concerned about the images. I remember this happened once before a year or so ago, but I can't remember how it was resolved. Should I just reupload the images? I don't want my page to sit there with red "x"s for too long.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I tried that.  Didn't work.

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
        Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same here. Finally got images uploaded and they were little empty boxes. Just gonna let it sit for a day or two then try again with refreshing etc.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
          The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

The email and HP are not related so I did not think it was someone else's problem yesterday. I figured it was my computer. HP still seems to be having problems today, and others might too.

13. jemuelO profile image88
    jemuelOposted 9 years ago

I also had difficulties accessing the HP site. I can really relate with OP, I also thought something was wrong on my computer. I tried it on Chrome and Mozilla Firefox (both on desktop PC and on my smartphone), still unable to connect to HP server. Hope HP is 100% okay right now.

14. Cari Kay 11 profile image88
    Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

Just spent awhile trying to re-upload photos on one page and it just wasn't working.  Will leave it alone in hopes that this is soon fixed.

15. Nanciajohnson profile image70
    Nanciajohnsonposted 9 years ago

I just tried to go and edit a hub page and got a blank page.  Nothing, no error message, my computer did not act like it was "thinking" such as a slow load so I will just come back tomorrow and see if it fixed.  As I see by all the posts that many have been having issues since yesterday?

16. KarenHC profile image79
    KarenHCposted 9 years ago

I'm glad I found this thread.  A hub that I updated successfully a week or so ago is missing about half its images right now, and I couldn't successfully re-upload the photos.   I haven't checked other hubs yet -- and I'm not sure I want to!

17. Glenda Motsavage profile image70

@fpherj48  Yes, seems like HubPage's Server and my brain were experiencing the same Saturday symptoms... sloooow, and overloaded!  Unfortunately, today was the only day I had all week to work on my latest Hub - was really hoping to publish today.  Just tried editing again, but still unable to access certain capsules.  Wishing you, and all Hubbers, a much better Sunday!

18. Glenda Motsavage profile image70

@StaceyWrites  Ditto to everything you've said, except... I'm home for the weekend! :-)
    BTW... it's 12:30am Sunday morning, and still not able to edit.  So, take your time and have a safe trip home Stacey!

1. StaceyWrites profile image81
      StaceyWritesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Glenda! smile

19. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Glad to finally find an answer! I just got back on since yesterday afternoon. I just sent an email to the team then was able to log in, but now still having stops and starts. What ever is going on is still happening. I can't get to some forums and the HOTD photo is missing on log in page.

20. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Yep.  There is an announcement somewhere.  There is a huge pile of crap that they are trying to shovel out the back door.  The whole place stinks of it.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ugh!

2. firstday profile image60
      firstdayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mark,
      What you wrote is very visual so I am glad you did not stetch any of it.

My problems since we are venting:
      Some of my hubs are missing photos.  This could explain their sudden decrease in ranking. 
      Another strange deal is one of the hubs they have the "up" arrow on is not even listed in google anymore.  Waugh!!!  Get me the tissues because I am new.
      This is all along with other problems with interacting with this site.

Other than that please everyone have a happy Sunday.

21. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 9 years ago

Well, it's Sunday AM, and I just got on.  My account and Hubs look fine.  The couple I checked all have photos, etc., but the HOTD has no photo, and I see others missing photos.

I'm just going to go away for a while,  hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

22. jemuelO profile image88
    jemuelOposted 9 years ago

The hub stats are also delayed. It is not yet updated as of this writing. I think HP is doing a large work on the site since yesterday.
    I just hope that an HP staff will soon post an update about this issue.

Glenda Motsavageposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@jemuelO "The hub stats are also delayed."  Yes, that's one of MANY site wide issues.  Mine have not updated in 24 hours!

2. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same here. My page views and earnings have been stalled for two days now. There's no note on my account page telling me HP is aware of the issue and is working on it.

HP admin: are you aware our earnings have stalled? This concerns me since we are at the end of the month.

1. Solaras profile image95
        Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is a note now and it says that it might be 2 more days before it's running again. I can't stand it....

1. Dressage Husband profile image67
          Dressage Husbandposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have not seen that is it on your account?

1. Dressage Husband profile image67
            Dressage Husbandposted 9 years agoin reply to this

OK I have it too now.

2. bravewarrior profile image87
          bravewarriorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's disappointing. Tomorrow is the end of the month!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
            The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Patience, my friends, HP is doing their best for us and we should be grateful for the outcome.

23. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

A few images seem to have dropped for me from lenses. I've got to try to recall which images so I can reload them. Definitely not a task for today.

@Arachnea  "I've got to try to recall which images so I can reload them."  Not sure I would waste time trying to reload them until we get an official announcement from HP.  For me, this issue has been going on for almost 24 hours!  Somewhat disturbing, because of the length of time.  Oh well, I guess we have another involuntary day off...  :-(

24. Glenda Motsavage profile image70

Well, it's noontime (EST) and it's been 24 hours since I first experienced editing issues.  I'm somewhat concerned because of the length of time and no official announcement - or have I missed it?

This is the only statement I've seen:  "Thanks for reporting. Our engineers are looking into it and we'll update you as soon as we have more information."  This was posted by Camille Harris 3 hours ago!

Kinda feeling like I'm at Disney... get in the lengthy line, suck on a Mickey lollypop, and wait!

25. Heidi Vincent profile image61
    Heidi Vincentposted 9 years ago

I am having the same problem, Glenda!

Hello Heidi, good to see you here on Hub!  Looks like the site could use a "Fresh Start!"... just saying'

1. Heidi Vincent profile image61
        Heidi Vincentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!!!!!  Good one, Glenda!  You had me in stitches.  Good to see you also.  Continue to enjoy your Sunday and have a very blessed week.

26. Seasons Greetings profile image68
    Seasons Greetingsposted 9 years ago

I see posts with images missing from my account and others all over the site. Seems pretty random. With my own posts I can see the image files are still there in the edit screen. So it is a site glitch. I came into the forum to see if anyone had reported it. Looks like they have so I am back to tweaking and twitching.

27. chezchazz profile image76
    chezchazzposted 9 years ago

I'm having a major problem with hubpages today. Photos not showing, changes are not being saved, and everything is v e r y   s   l    o    w.

28. Dressage Husband profile image67
    Dressage Husbandposted 9 years ago

I do not recall where I saw it but HP did announce that they were moving servers on Saturday. This type of move often results in issues I am sure that once it is resolved everything will be back to normal.

In the meantime I would not bother doing too much editing or writing of new Hubs. They said that they hoped to be back to normal by Monday.

29. Shorebirdie profile image74
    Shorebirdieposted 9 years ago

My earnings have been updating, but my page views have stalled.

30. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 9 years ago

PARDON THE  REMODELING   

We need this sign

1. Solaras profile image95
      Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

:-)

31. LindaSmith1 profile image62
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

LOL Mark!!!       I got so aggravated, I decided to try Firefox and for once things ran smoothly. Changing browsers does not always work either.  Normally I use Google Chrome.  Hey maybe Google is sending a message.

32. SarahLMaguire profile image95
    SarahLMaguireposted 9 years ago

I'm still having problems with the images of my latest Hub not uploading and my traffic is not being updated though my earnings have. Hope this get resolved soon. It's a bit discouraging to publish a Hub and then see the view count stuck at zero...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)