jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

SEO help for one of my hubs

1. Dalyinx profile image84
    Dalyinxposted 7 years ago

I'm fairly decent at SEO, but one of my hubs is underperforming and I'm not really sure why.  The main keyword I'm targeting isn't very competitive: ectomorph, and neither are any of the derivative long-tail keywords, including "ectomorph workout", "ectomorph weight training" and so-on.

The hub has a decent amount of backlinks (13 outside of hubpages), which isn't a massive amount but it should be enough to get me ranked at least in the top 20.  Aside from working on adding more, which I will, I'm wondering if there's anything wrong with it that I'm just missing, such as a lack of keyword density or something of the like. 

The hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/WeightGainTipsForEctomorphs

Granted, this isn't my worst performing hub, but I wish it was doing better for the amount of work I put into it.  It's a solid 1900 words.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I can only go by what I've learned from the veteran Hubbers, and the only problem I can see with your hub would be the amount of key words you are using.

I've been told between 9-15 key words are good. If you have more than 20-25 it can hurt you. You have 36 listed.

Just a thought. smile

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

I would have to agree configure your tags to about a quarter of the amount you have and there will be a clearer description your hub's content.  smile

4. Dalyinx profile image84

Alright.  I'll give that a shot in a few + more backlinks.

Although, don't more tags equate to more inbound links from hubpages, especially if my hub has a decent score and shows up on the "hot" tags or whatever?  Or will that not be as beneficial in getting a higher SERP?

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

As I said, I'm only going by what I've been told by the veteran hubbers. I don't know any more than that about SEO, because I've not begun getting into it.

Sorry, wish I could have been more help. smile

6. Dalyinx profile image84

It's all good.  I appreciate it.

7. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Okay cool smile

working