Interested in following the great ones on Hubpages.

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)
  1. nisargmehta profile image65
    nisargmehtaposted 20 months ago

There are a lot of articles on how to write articles to get good returns on HP. But, I doubt the reliability of many of them.

If you have made $500 in any given month on Hubpages, please drop your HP handles and link your most poplar article/s. I'd love to read, follow and understand.

Thanks

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 20 months agoin reply to this

I do not think I want to link any of my articles here as that would be self promotion. If you want to visit my profile you can read some articles there. My most popular are those that help people, like treating a yeast infection at home.

If you write about you know you can be successful at this site. You are correct in that the people that write articles about how to make big money writing with Hubpages are not the ones that are making a decent income on this site.

Some other writers/accounts you want to look at are theraggedegde, Paul Goodman, Alexadry, Brandon Lobo, Solaras, and Eric Dockett.

nisargmehtaposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much. Read some of your articles and even shared with my nephew who owns a cat. Quite useful and informative.

2. nisargmehta profile image65

Found 7 accounts of Paul Goodman on Hubpages. Content is shared on all of them regularly. Does it make any difference to have one or many on HP itself?

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
          DrMark1961posted 20 months agoin reply to this

It used to make a lot of difference since we had subdomains on hubpages, and each writer had an individual address. It does not matter anymore, since the better articles are published on the website and your name does not show up on the search results.

Good to know.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
              PaulGoodman67posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Dr Mark is right. There is no real advantage to having multiple accounts nowadays.

I have multiple accounts because each account used to function like a little independent site during the subdomain period. I was experimenting back then. Plus everything was way more erratic because views could rocket or dive virtually overnight, so I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

I also got two accounts from Squidoo moved over to HP.

If you want inspiration, I would say look at the front page of the niche sites. These reflect what HP have chosen to promote, so tend to be  stronger material.

Dr M and Kierstin are right that how-to and problem-solving articles are generally the best way to go.

Poems won't earn you anything much on here.

The HubPages help center gives all the basic advice that you need to get search engine traffic (eg how to research topics, pick good titles, etc), but many people seem to disregard it, which is a mistake.

Alright! So, sharing new poems on other sites, seems better now. With HP, I can certainly go with the flow and start writing more How to and problem solving articles in my area of expertise. Also, I am studying SEO from past 3 hours. Few more and I guess I'll be well to do at basic level.

Thank you for the insights.

2. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image93
      Kierstin Gunsbergposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I do okay here and like DrMark said, we can't really link but you can visit my profile here. My most successful articles are pregnancy related. I agree with DrMark, the articles where I'm helping to solve a problem for someone (I call them how-to) articles are the ones that do seem to do best here. I love HubPages as it's been a steady stream of passive income for me and my family for the past 6+ years (though I've been writing longer - but it takes some time for income to start snowballing here).

I have joined a year earlier than you, but I didn't write too frequently except for now. Also, there are many poems, most of which are featured, but it seems like unless I keep writing and sharing one everyday it will not yeild me anythig.

About articles, there are only a handful which are getting readers from search engines, but again not so frequent. So I figured, I must me missing something. Along with others, I referred to your articles as well, well structured and well written, like that of DrMark and Brandon Lobo. It did help me understand. Thanks again.

2. Goodluck Justice profile image37
        Goodluck Justiceposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Wow you must have put in your best. I don't know why my articles is not getting much views.

3. Madeleine Clays profile image95
      Madeleine Claysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I may be wrong, but I suspect that many of the most successful writers on this platform are not on the forums much because they're too busy writing!

No disrespect intended towards the great writers that have been mentioned in this thread, but I'm certain there are countless others as well.

Paul's suggestion to look on the front page of the niche sites is an excellent one. You're sure to find many strong examples of great articles there, and  many of those authors are rarely, if ever, on the forums.

Best to you!

Thanks. I'll look into it.

2. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 20 months ago

I forgot to put this person on the list
    https://hubpages.com/@chef-de-jour
    Since you are interested in poetry, you might want to take a look at his articles. Poetry does not earn much of an income here so his articles are set up for students that want to learn about poetry and I think he does well here.
    This might be a good alternative if you do not want to write "how to" type articles.

That's really good. Saw the profile. Thanks for sharing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)