jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Create A Compatable Offline Text Editor for HubPages

1. profile image0
    excellasysposted 7 years ago

I know we are all connected via some means nearly all the time,  but I personally would write more HubPages if I were to have access to a 100% HubPages sanctioned offline editor. 

I'd like to be able to write the text content of a page offline.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?? 

I know I can use other editors to get "close"  but why not offer up a "real thing" .

-e-

1. profile image0
      hamstersmessiahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

capital idea... i use a plain text editor and hate having to reformat all my lines especially when the ads break up lines of my poetry...  VERY ANNOYING!

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image77
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Google Docs. Not offline, but why should HubPages have to create software to make it easier? It's not too hard IMO.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image74
        Peter Hogganposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Usability!

2. imremarkabletoo profile image58
    imremarkabletooposted 7 years ago

I think they should implement one of those WYSIWYG editors to the hubpages preview page. Wordpress has a very easy to use one, they should use the same one.

3. profile image0

Never thought of the wordpress like idea , that would work, but I'd like it offline. everything I've seen from Wordpress is still a connected model.

4. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 7 years ago

what's annoying to me is having to format my poems differently because of the ads that run next to them...  i use space in a very precise manner and it's very disconcerting if i want a long line to have it broken up by an ad!  i find that i have to put commentary on some poems just to force the text down to avoid their adbumps!

5. profile image0

Thanks folks maybe it's a pipe dream but maybe HP powers will put it in a feature list someday

working