jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Long or Short Hubs

1. SimeyC profile image97
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

I note that there are some very long hubs and some very short hubs.

It might be interesting to actually categorize a hub as a 'summary' or a 'detailed' hub - maybe giving each their own 'best' list.

This way if someone isn't interested in seeing a full hubon for instance 'The Hobbit' they could see a quick 'summary' hub on it.

I know it would be useful for me sometimes as I often just want a quick overview on a subject....having to go through several hubs (despite them being high quality) to find a short one that has all the information I need is often time consuming...

1. pooja0908 profile image66
      pooja0908posted 7 years agoin reply to this

dont you think giving summary before hubs will finish the interest of hubbers in starting of hub. Nobody will like to read whole if everything will be summarized.

1. packerpack profile image60
        packerpackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am afraid to disagree here. I don't think it is true if you can write summary cleverly. The whole idea is to give a hint of what follows but not revealing the full info leaving the reader curious. That is how it is done for a movie or a book review or summary!

1. pooja0908 profile image66
          pooja0908posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ok i think then you should start it. smile

1. packerpack profile image60
            packerpackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well I do not generally write short hubs. I believe in write in complete giving full info or not writing at all. What I said above was my views on what a summary should be like!

working