jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

A long hub with all subtopics or a short hub each with one subtopic?

1. Ardilla profile image83
    Ardillaposted 6 years ago

A long hub with all subtopics or a short hub each with one subtopic?

What's better? A LONG hub that covers EVERYTHING of 1 topic or... several SHORT hubs that cover 1 topic?

Which one is better for getting followers, buys and in SEO terms?

Let's say... Puppies stuff.

Is it better a long puppy hub about food, collars, training techniques, etc.... or is it better several short puppy hubs: one about food, another one about collars, another one about training?

PD: the short ones are about 500 or more words AND info tables and amazon capsules.

Thanks! smile

2. L.L. Woodard profile image76
    L.L. Woodardposted 6 years ago

I am by no means an expert in this area, but in my opinion I would go for the shorter subtopics. I think it allows readers to better find the exact information they are seeking without wading through an article filled with multiple subtopics. It's going to depend also on the quality of the content whichever direction you choose.

3. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

Why not try the small hubs and then combine subjects to create an additional long hub generalising each subject with the opportunity to link to each other hub in the series? (Time pending of course)

That would allow for general subject traffic plus more specific search traffic and in theory you'd have the materials ready to create a more general subject hub too.

I'd think specificity gets you more buys and seo traffic however.

4. Ardilla profile image83
    Ardillaposted 6 years ago

@cyclingfitness So... should I just make short hubs and then combine them into a big hub? I wouldn't be re-writing tho xD

@llwoodward thanks for your answer ^^

5. cascoly profile image59
    cascolyposted 6 years ago

HP rewards quantity, so short hubs seems the solution.  if they link to each other there 'll be some mild SEO advantages. 

with separate hubs you can make more detailed tags

i call mine 'meta' hubs, such as

http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Recipes-fr … -the-World

meta hubs also increase your ability to categorize - eg, an Indian recipe will be stored with my other India hubs, but it will also be found thru an RSS link for "recipe"

HP used to have a 'flagship hub' and 'capstone hub' program which formalized this sort of arrangement, but flagship has been ended

another possible option is 'hubtrails' http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubtrails

6. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

You should have decent sized bus that have a clear ficus. If you write a huge hub that could be split into ten different hubs, then do it.