jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Negative Traffic

1. Has_aWayWithWords profile image66
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 7 years ago

Okay, so I understand glitches and things. I have been watching my traffic stats and other stats over the past few weeks, while I have been busy and not published anything until the past couple days I saw traffic drop and on the stats page every day I have negative traffic numbers. The negative numbers appear not only in hubpages traffic but from other traffic sources as well. How exactly is this possible and how am I suppose to get a good quick view of my stats when it isn't accurate. This also concerns me when I start to consider adsense impressions and if I am losing clicks or impressions because of faulty traffic stats.  HELP PLEASE!

2. KCC Big Country profile image89
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Most of us use Google Analytics for more accurate stats. I only use the HP stats in a general way.  I've only seen negative stats here when they had to make an adjustment for a couple of days of inflated stats.  To my knowledge, we haven't had any problems today, but maybe same areas have that include you.

3. Has_aWayWithWords profile image66

This has been daily for the past several weeks. Generally numbers ranging from -1 to as much as -30    I use analytics and that is fine but my concern is the ability to properly track adsense if hubpages aren't accurately tracking traffic.

4. KCC Big Country profile image89
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

This would be better explained by Sunforged or Darkside.

5. Ivorwen profile image75
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I'd contact the hub staff.  In the past they have said that negative stats are often the first signs of a glitch.

6. Has_aWayWithWords profile image66

another day with negative traffic. -25 from hubpages - 3 from MSN and -2 from she told me. This quite disturbing. Going to try and send an email to staff and see what happens

7. chinweike profile image71
    chinweikeposted 7 years ago

I sometimes get that negative sign but it has not been more than -1.

8. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Get Google Analytics, provides much more accurate information, Hubpages stats should be used more as a guide than anything else.

9. TnFlash profile image60
    TnFlashposted 7 years ago

I am also getting negative numbers on traffic sources. I would had thought HubPages would have fixed this.

working