jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)

Today is the First Day of Spring

1. theirishobserver. profile image58
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

Today is officially the first day of Spring in Ireland - what will you be doing to mark the Spring season? gardening - poetry - painting - house cleaning - baby making?

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm off out to my Spanish classes in  few minutes. Lovely day here. The weather turned warmer 2 or 3 days ago, but it poured from the Heavens all day yesterday.
      Today is warm, sunny and I'm going to be stuck in a classroom for a couple of hours!

2. profile image0
      sophsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wanted to go out for a walk and to feed the ducks, it's lovely weather here but I have to wait in for the drain man sad sad bad times.

What will you be doing Irish? smile

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I will go to arboretum -- flower garden every other day and take a walk everyday, plus will ride a bike in the park, every other day

2. h.a.borcich profile image59
    h.a.borcichposted 7 years ago

Spring is not yet sprung here. However I will take a walk in my flower beds to give the daffodils and tulips a pep talk smile

1. h.a.borcich profile image59
      h.a.borcichposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I did indeed flower walk and the crocus have bloomed! smile

3. theirishobserver. profile image58

This weekend I spent all my time creating a rockery on a space at the front of my house on the road - the main road runs past my house and there is a green verge just crying out to be turned into a rockery - rather than an over grown eye sore - so I dug off the top, gathered some rocks off a near by field, added some heathers and other shrubs that I have been growing and the result is a road side rockery - I will take a picture of it later as the weather has just taken a turn for the worse - rain and wind - so when the sun comes out I will take a pic and post it smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

will wait for the pics, maybe youre tired, take care, and good day to all!

2. profile image0

Look forward to it! smile

4. profile image0
    sophsposted 7 years ago

Oooohhhh, I'm going to grow some tomatoes! Is it the right time to plant them now?

5. theirishobserver. profile image58

sophs - tomatoes - If growing from seeds you would have needed to start in January - however - if you are growing from small plants - you can start from now on especially if your growing them inside - try to buy blight resistant plants - ask for Koralik - Maskota - Wild Cherry (comes from eastern Mexico) - most tomatoes germinate between 16-21 degrees C (61-70 F) - out door tomatoes germinate at slightly lower temps - a warm window or kitchen with sun light will do the job smile

1. profile image0

Ohhhhhh, I wanted to grow from seeds sad

Thanks Irish, I shall have to go buy some plants tomorrow! smile

6. theirishobserver. profile image58

It could still be possible to grow from seed if you have the perfect conditions - but I think plants are your best bet at this time smile

1. profile image0

I'll get some plants, and plant a few seeds too and see how they do, I'll ket you know how it goes! hehe smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can still grow from seed. They'll just have to grow a bit faster that's all.

7. theirishobserver. profile image58

IzzyM how was your class smile

8. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Yea!  Its spring!  The snow is gone (for now)!

9. theirishobserver. profile image58

glad to hear that the snow is gone Jane smile happy days

10. sagbee profile image57
    sagbeeposted 7 years ago

I love poetry.. So, for me it would be a poetry definately.. after that some gardening.. smile

11. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 7 years ago

It was really cold here in South Texas yesterday but it feels great today.

12. h.a.borcich profile image59
    h.a.borcichposted 7 years ago

Today is a bit chilly, and yet my daffodills have braved the cold to smile at me smile It is a beautiful spring day! Holly

working