jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Old Photos, New Photos and Questions

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 7 years ago

On some hubs I have used the photo capsule and people are visiting the site to view the images/slide show. On some hubs where I have photos, people visit but the statistics for the slideshow is not moving.This is ironic because even though five or more photos produce a slideshow, the photos are open even though there is an arrow to play the slideshow.
    After thinking it through i realize that i [a] need to delete the photos where the statistics are not moving and replace them with fresh,new ones or [b] leave the old photos and add a new slideshow.
    I have gathered the photos and all that is left to do is upload and caption them. Another option[c] is to link them to another website and thus discover the problem.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

The slideshow stats will only click over if visitors choose to view the photos as a slideshow. 

They may well be enjoying the images as part of the Hub without bothering about the slideshow. 

I'm just wondering why you're concerned about it?

aoiffe379posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Good question, Marisa Wright. I am wondering if the photos I am choosing are effective and attractive. I am in a position where I need traffic to my websites.Iif visitors do not come for content, maybe they will come because of the images and by chance read the content. I am also trying to find my niche. I believe I know what it is but I ineed traffic to confirm it.Thanks for responding.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Aoiffe, people can't find your images on HubPages unless you label them with descriptive captions.  Google can't "see" images, it has to go by the title.

So making the images more attractive won't improve the number of visitors - changing the captions may.

aoiffe379posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the insight. I will make more descriptive captions a priority for photos. By the way, how do I deal with original videos? Does the same apply?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
            Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't know the answer to that one - I've never used original videos.

working