jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Top Ranking and "Starred Result" listing in Google

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

I was browsing the net looking for information on NFL Football and came across one of my hubs at the top and with the Star beside it at the top of the page. I am very excited about that.

I knew my football hubs kept receiving hits even during the "down-season" and now I can see why I guess.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The stars are next to all the listings.  They are there for you to use as a labeling system for customizing the search results that you get when you look things up using their service.

http://www.google.com/support/websearch … wer=176057

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Relache. I followed your link and it was very informative as was you explanation.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Relache, you really are the fountain of all knowledge! I sat and gawped at those for about five minutes today, wondering what the hell they were.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I just saw Michael's comment, figured there had to be a reason, typed "google stars in search" into Big G, and voilá...

I don't think I'm a font of knowledge so much as I am curious.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Funny you should say that, because I did type a further sentence saying "In fairness I could have just searched Google", but I thought that would detract from the intended compliment smile

working