jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Regarding Ad Code. Two Questions.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago

This is a quote from the set up tab on google for content. "In the field provided, list URLs of sites you want to show your ads. Then click "Save changes". If you put your ad code on a page not on this list, ads will still show, but impressions and clicks will not be recorded."

I'm thinking I'm just really missing some important step because I still haven't made one dime.  When I google with key words, I see my articles on the first page thanks to the strength of Hubpages and yet - not a dime.  I'd be happy at first with one dime so I know I have things set up right.

Question 1: So I watched more video seminars tonight and I am confused about whether I need to put the HTML code onto every page. I thought our google code worked just automatically.  I did go through the whole exercise though and when trying to place the HTML after the first

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This isn't showing the second question.  I was also asking regarding the quote where it says "In the field provided, list the URL's of sites you want to show your ads...." But the whole URL wasn't accepted, so I just put hubpages.com.  I pressed Save Changes but it didn't actually say it's accepted like that.  I just want to make sure that's all we do there -- just hubpages. com in the box and that will allow the ads to be shown on all hubs. Is that correct?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is applicable to webmasters. In the Google for content control panel, I do not see it as being necessary to fill in this information for HubPages. What matters is that you have already associated Adsense with HubPages by entering your ID in the affiliate settings part of the HubPages control panel.

Whether you have had any clicks or not, the Adsense control panel should record your page impressions. If that is not the case, something is wrong.

Thanks.  Gosh -- guess the old "When all else fails, read the instructions," doesn't quite fit in this instance. 

Thank you for everyone's input.

2. lrohner profile image82
        lrohnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

But....you don't have any ads. For all intents and purposes, you are an AdSense publisher that displays other people's ads. Are you sure you're not somehow in AdWords rather than AdSense? Can you give me more information about where you are seeing this message?

2. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

You can't put HTML code on hubpages Hubs. Also code capsule is not for executing HTML/JS code,it's for displaying text view of code.

That's a relief because that would be a lot of work with every hub. Thanks.

3. Joe8943 profile image73
    Joe8943posted 7 years ago

On hubpages you don't have to enter any html on your pages, they get ads automatically placed on them, it was confusing for me at first as well

Thanks

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

The way Adsense works is that you enter your affiliate ID into the appropriate box under affiliate settings. Ads are displayed automatically, and you will get 60 percent of the page impressions.

You never paste code into the hubs. The HTML module is only for showing how HTML will look like in articles that deal with computer programming.

Webmasters do put code into their pages to run Adsense, but not on HubPages.

Thank you.

working