Infolinks Should Be Added To Replace Or Switch With Kontera

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Dangazzm profile image74
    Dangazzmposted 13 years ago

Kontera is a horrid advertising company, I know some people have had success with them, but lets face it there aren't that many. Infolinks I have used on my own domains for a while now (low traffic ones to test out the service) and I am averagin $1 for 100 view (of course this will change based on the subject at hand).

But I think this will futher supplement the desire to write good quality hubs. It is no different than Kontera really, just pay their publishers a fair commission.

1. Infolinks Team profile image61
      Infolinks Teamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dangazzm, thanks for the good feedback about Infolinks.

2. bigmikeh profile image68
      bigmikehposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I've also been testing Infolinks for a while and have no complaints!

3. Dangazzm profile image74
      Dangazzmposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wish we could get someone from the Hubpages team to tell us if this is a possibility or not, tongue as I am getting my hopes up now.

4. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. And since I switched it off, I started to earn more with Google (well, a little bit with my 10 Hubs).

5. cohenj88 profile image59
      cohenj88posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dangazzm,

This is Jonathan at Kontera. Here at Kontera we actually give our Publishers the lion's share of the revenue, 70% which is the best rate in the industry.

As you brought up ad revenue is dependent on a variety of different factors including the subject of your Hub, but also including geo-targeting, traffic sources, current campaigns running, advertiser preferences and more. Kontera’s algorithm takes all of these factors into account to ensure we deliver you with the most relevant and high-performing ads.

If you're not receiving the same premium, high CPC ads that other publishers are, some combination of those reasons might be the reason why. If you contact me at jonathanc@kontera.com I'll be more than happy to take a look and go over your account with you.

In regards to camlo's comment, we've found that since Kontera and AdSense are displayed in completely different areas of your website, they don't cannibalize each other's clicks, and are completely different revenue sources.

In fact because of "banner blindness",  where many people on the web become so over saturated to banner ads that they stop noticing them completely, there's an entire segment of your audience whose ad clicks you'd be losing completely if you didn't also use an Adsense alternative like Kontera.

camlo, especially on the scale you're describing, I think your AdSense revenue just grew organically, and didn't have anything to do with Kontera one way or the other.

Thanks,

- Jonathan Cohen
      Kontera Community Manager

1. camlo profile image84

You can't really know the scale I'm describing - I have another ID which is financially extremely successful, and moreso by disabling Kontera.

6. kblogs profile image59
      kblogsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree with you. I was using Kontera for about 2 months and what I made was negligible. And then I randomly came across someone's review of infolinks, which I had never heard of. I switched over and made within the week what I had made with Kontera over 2 months. I've been happily with infolinks ever since, which generally matches what I make from adsense. And to top it off, if you're having trouble they are very communicative and easy to get in touch with.

2. vydyulashashi profile image59
    vydyulashashiposted 13 years ago

yes i agree with u friend..i better suggest infolinks in place of kontera

3. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Kontera works well for me, but always support Hubpages testing out alternative advertising solutions to benefit us all!

Yea like I know that some people like it and I wouldn't change that for other users tongue I would just like the option to use Infolinks instead for me big_smile

Everyone else thanks for the feedback glad everyone like the idea, it isn't an Adsense alternative like some people are trying to get added (for those who can't seem to get accepted or whatever other reason) but it is the next best thing!

1. thisisoli profile image70
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Chitika would be the next best thign for adsense tongue

I agree, some subjects they don't pay quite as much as Adsense but it is nice they pay straight to Paypal, got to love that.

2. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. Chitika rarely accepts Non-US applications these days. They prefer publishers from US/Canada/UK. So that way i don't think chitika has much future on HP.

1. camlo profile image84

Shame. I actually have a Chitika account, but nowhere to use it.

2. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
      PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed, what can it hurt really?

4. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Kontera is a joke. Some people may do ok with it, but there are much better options out there... What's crazy is that  there's a 70% share.

Plus, I NEVER had any luck with relevant ads. Kontera would grab the randomist word in the hub and throw whatever they wanted to it. The entire hub could have key words and phrases about leopard geckos, and they'd never read 'gecko,' but would grab a random word, like 'temperature' and throw ads about hot weather, outdoor temperature gauges, and other random things.

I had one article about something, and I had ads about heart disease, blood pressure, etc, and it wasn't even a health hub.

The ads were too random and not relevant. Waste of my time. Plus, contextual links are cheesy and low quality.

If HubPages were to try another company, they'd have to get rid of Kontera, which  wouldn't hurt my feelings, but I'd still opt out.

1. camlo profile image84

Very similar to my own experience. I agree totally.

5. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I use the Chitika white space ads on around 30 websites, they are a nice little way to earn more without infringing on my advertising space!

6. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

I tried Infolinks vs Kontera last month and haven't seen anything worth switching over for.
    If anything Infolinks is a little less than Kontera.

Right now my CTR with Infolinks is .44% with a $0.07 eCPM
    Compared to .55% CTR and $0.22 eCPM with Kontera.
    I have also noticed a steady decline in my daily earnings with no drop in traffic with Kontera.
    So at this point it's kinda "Six Of One, A Half Dozen Of The Other".   

But that's just me, your mileage may vary.

And BTW, I take back what I said about Chitika earlier.
    I think HP should offer it as another option.
    I doubt very seriously that they would screw with HP like they did individual publishers, so it might actually work well here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)