jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

First hub, need some constructive crit.

1. eveliens profile image80
    eveliensposted 7 years ago

Hi all,

I'm fresh off the boat to hubpages (geez, I don't even think I speak the language... RSS and SOE sound like dangerous acronyms to me!) and posted a hub to get my feet wet. I would really appreciate any feedback you would care to give me to improve my hubs and make them more enjoyable to read!

http://hubpages.com/hub/UnPopular-Beginner-Fish

Thank you so much for your input.

~eveliens

1. cblack profile image80
      cblackposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think this is a really great first hub. I suggest being more specific with your keywords. It will help get a higher page rank and more relevant google ads.

eveliensposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I'm still learning about creating specific keywords, but I plan to work on those! Like I said, this is all new to me so far. Nothing like a little learning curve to create a challenge. Thank you so much for your advice.

2. pisean282311 profile image51
      pisean282311posted 7 years ago in reply to this

it is really great job...it seems like you were always there out here..really good job...

Thank you. I only hope to improve from here smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

You seem to be off to a good start. smile Nice hub. smile

Thank you. I hope to improve with a little practice. I'm finding writing hubs is a lot like writing feature articles. I've got the writing skills, I think I just need to brush up on the technical a little bit.

3. rancidTaste profile image53
    rancidTasteposted 7 years ago

Welcome eveliens to hubpages. I find your hub nice...

Thank you. I appreciate the compliment.

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Hi Eveliens

Welcome to HubPages - it's a great community to write and chat and I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

Hard to believe that's your first hub - it's good.  About the only thing I could find was that I like to reserve the top right spot (your community tank picture) for a google ad.  That usually means a short first text capsule.

If you're interested the hub also almost begs to me to have an Amazon capsule somewhere in it.

Keep up the good work - you'll go places here.

Thank you for the feedback! So far I'm enjoying hubpages quite a bit and finding it very friendly.

I've been noticing on other hubs that they leave that top spot open too. I think I might do the same and tweak the layout a little.

Also, I was considering an Amazon capsule, probably to beginner kit tanks and good beginner books, since I don't think they sell live fish (it might scare me a little if they did).

5. eveliens profile image80
    eveliensposted 7 years ago

Added an easy reference chart at the bottom and an Amazon Capsule and removed the top picture. I also bolded the names of the fish. Thank you everyone for your help!

1. ofmelancholy profile image64
      ofmelancholyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

its good from my point of view, its obvious that much time is spent on it, maybe its just me but ı found your english too heavy.

I'm guessing by heavy you either mean too flowery or too complex. Duly noted. I tend to be a motormouth writer, so I'll be sure to keep the dead weight to a minimum.

working