jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Ahem.

1. SarahSilver profile image59
    SarahSilverposted 7 years ago

Mod,

I did as asked, and submitted my photo gallery to:   
    Entertainment and Media → Photos and Videos → Photo Galleries

according to your advice yesterday. it still was rejected.

I've now submitted it to

Entertainment and Media → Photos and Videos

only, no "photo galleries"

Is there some other reason my photo gallery is being rejected? It keeps saying category is wrong...

1. WryLilt profile image91
      WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It may need to be manually republished by a moderator.

This is not the best place to contact them - email them directly.

2. lorlie6 profile image82
      lorlie6posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you'd be more comfortable on a photography site?

SarahSilverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I like hub pages and I'd like to stay. Plus I'm developing an affiliate program with my new company. Hub pages says photo galleries are ok, and theres even a category for that. I'm wondering why everyone has a problem with my photo gallery, lol!?!?!

anyway I need to know how to change the URL

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Have you written anything at all? it may be being flagged as substandard, a Hub should have at least some content. Photo galleries don't really earn you any money by the way.

I know, but its still useful for me for the people who are going to take a look at my photos. For jobs, et al. and that will bring outsiders to hub pages, so I'd think hub would like that, besides the fact that photo galleries ARE allowed (thats the whole reason I found and came to hub pages in the first place because I saw it online saying "you can publish photo galleries!" lol.

I think maybe they have decided that they dont like my URL - how can I change the URL once it's been created? I see how to change the category, etc but not the URL?

2. SarahSilver profile image59

I just wrote a single line crediting the photographer. he's an amazing photographer and follows me around doing photos for free so he needs to get the credit on his work (its totally rude to not note the photographer)

1. WryLilt profile image91
        WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sarah, just so you're aware:

Yes, you can publish photo galleries on hubpages. However:

►You'll find that since this is, for the most part, a writing community, photo only hubs/hubbers are looked down upon to some extent.
        ►Bringing outside traffic to hubpages will only impress them if the traffic is clicking and paying traffic. If you're using it as a link for self promotion and jobs, then I doubt those visitors will be clicking adverts.
        ►You cannot change the URL. I'll reiterate what I first said. Email the team. They don't have time to monitor every post, unless it's reported, so emailing them directly is the fastest way to get a response.

working