jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

I've had my Adsense account approved - what happens now?

1. profile image0
    sarahsherlockposted 7 years ago

Hi,

I have just had confirmation that my adsense account has been approved. I have granted Hubpages access. What happens now?

My Hubpages affiliate settings say 'not set' under Adsense at the moment.

1. sarovai profile image68
      sarovaiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

congrats. Go to google adsense account. copy your Pub id and paste to hubpages affiliates google adsense account and activate by clicking set. Then in the google adsense account  you  go to adsense setup and choose the colour pattern and which type of ads you want(may be text ads only or text and image ads). Then you check your hubpages for the ads appearing or not. But do not make the mistakes unknowlingly also by clicking the ads.

That's all.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Did you enter in your "Publisher's ID" in the space of available for it, under "affiliate section".

If you have done that, then just continue to produce hubs.

To check better track, you might want to hook your Adsense account to Google Analytics. You do that by adding a Google Analytics affiliate code in the section under "affiliate section" labeled for Analytics.

This will give you more information about everything going on on your hubs.

1. profile image0
      sarahsherlockposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi, no I haven't entered my publisher ID. I will do so now - thanks for your help!

2. furcatmuffin profile image57
      furcatmuffinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

where does it say affiliate section? i m trying to find it so i can enter my publishers code.

1. WryLilt profile image81
        WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Click on my account and then you'll see five lists. The middle one has affiliate settings in it.

3. profile image0

Does it take some time for hubpages to register an adsense account once you have given it access? I can't add the publisher ID into the box, it won't let me edit. I still have 'sign up' next to the box rather than edit.

1. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Click sign up first then go for the option with i already have adsense account, finally you need to give some required information like zip code or phone number.

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

“I've had my Adsense account approved - what happens now?”

1. You gaze at it in anticipation for many months.

2. You become frustrated as to the results.

3. You take up dusting fulltime (I read your profile).smile

5. profile image0

Why is there no code in my 'affiliate code' box? I can't edit the box to add anything.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you are able to do so, press "sign up," then an option may appear to incidate whether you already have an account or not. That should take you to the next step.

If this is not possible, you need to contact HubPages.

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

1. profile image0
        sarahsherlockposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Tried that. I click I have an account and fill in the link account details. I get an e-mail from adsense saying that hubpages has been granted access but the affiliate code box is still blank and status is 'not set'.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Then I suggest that you contact HubPages, they should be able to resolve this on their end.

6. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

Google did an upgrade yesterday. It is Sunday staffing at both G and HP today. Give it a couple days to straighten itself out and then try again if it hasn’t already self-fixed.

7. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

Now there are two threads on the same topic:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/53346

8. profile image0

All fixed now - it was a problem yesterday with Google.

Thank you so much for your help and advice!

working