jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

New Title Tuner Utility...???

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Greetings!

I wonder just what the title tuner is suppose to do & how we are to use it.

I clicked on it, it said "loading," and then presented me with a list of about 4 or 5 of my hubs.  That was all. 

No hints, suggestions, what I was "supposed" to do to "tune" those titles...or whether they needed any "tuning" at all.

I am totally confused and do not understand the purpose of this tool.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to click on the hub name to see suggestions. smile

DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh--ok--thank you.. I had tried that & nothing happened... does browser matter?  work better with firefox, maybe?

Once you click the hub name it should open, and present you with words that people commonly use when searching for that hub - you can then choose to add them into your title.

I've only done it in Chrome.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/calala_red/titletuner.jpg

There is an example of how the title tuner looks in use.

3. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Actually I have noticed that with a small tweak one hub is doing very well for me!!  Thanks HP!

You'll be out earning me soon. big_smile

thanks much--I'll switch my browser and try again!  ;-)

2. sofs profile image86
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wry !!
        That is not so possible with adsense ditching me senselessly and your kind of work habits!! lol lol lol

Haha.... am trying to pass them on to you.

And I'm sure you'll get approved by Adsense shortly.

1. sofs profile image86
            sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bless you for the thought.. I am learning a lot from you of course.  smile

4. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Add the title recommended only if it is relevant to the content in the hub.

5. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

Heya DzyMsLizzy!  Did it work out for you?  What browser were your originally using?

Perhaps this video tutorial can help you out with some of the basics of the tool: http://www.vimeo.com/15375017

But in short, it's meant to help you tweak your titles so they're more likely to be found in search results!

Hi, Simone--

Well...it 'sort of' worked, I guess.  It showed me 'suggested additions' and when I clicked the link to add the suggestion, it said "done," but there was no visible change to the title.  (or anywhere else in the article)   :::  shrug :::

Also, one of the suggestions was very bad, as it would have actually reversed the meaning of my title to the opposite of what I was writing about!!  Naturally, I ignored that one!

And--OOOPS---I did all that yesterday, prior to seeing your link to the tutorial.  Having viewed that, I see there are other steps...which is not made at all clear, such as that you need to go INTO the title box & manually insert the suggested change.  It is not intuitive.  It is made to appear 'automatic' by simply clicking on 'ok' or similar action.

working