Need help with earning money on Hub Pages

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. G.Lynn-Carroll profile image60
    G.Lynn-Carrollposted 13 years ago

Hi,

I am seeking help from all you successful Hubbers. Would be very grateful if someone could answer the following questions:

1.  Is there any income paid by HubPages.com for creating Hubs?

2.  How long does it take to start making money from Google AdSense?

3.  In my Affiliate Settings, with Google AdSense it states "Active" whereas with Amazon it states "Set".  Do I have to activate Amazon myself?

I really want to make a go at earning some much needed cash from HubPages.

Would appreciate some help.

1. Lily Rose profile image86
      Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wrylilt gave you good feedback - the only thing I would add to it is to suggest that you search HP for hubs about keywords and the importance of keyword research if you want to get traffic to your hubs, which is the only way you're going to make money.  No traffic = no clicks = no money.

Check out lots of helpful hubs from Sunforged, Darkside, Ryankett, thisisoli, mark knowles, and so many more....here are just a few great hubs to check out:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Keyword-tips-Mo … g-keywords
      http://hubpages.com/hub/how
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Topics

1. G.Lynn-Carroll profile image60
        G.Lynn-Carrollposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Lily Rose,

I will look up the Hubs you have suggested.

2. profile image58
      BestWebHosting911posted 13 years agoin reply to this

buy domain names and hosting,at hostgator, writes an articles, implement SEO, buy list dofollow link with high pagerank, e.g pr5 6,7,8,9, wait for a couples of months, then you'll see Big G money  , cause  making money online, need a little investment , just like any other business need promotion and a little money to spend,

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

1. No, you do not get paid anything by hubpages. They just host your adverts for you, if you sign up for accounts and connect them in the affiliates section.

2. In the first five months (join in January) I made about $5. This month to date I've already cleared $20. You just need to keep writing and stop worrying about the money - it will come as your traffic grows.

3. Set and active mean the same thing - as long as there is a number in the box and you're seeing some clicks/views/impressions in those accounts, you're all set up.

1. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey wrylit why hub keeps your age on hub steady?..any thing to do with tag called 'never ask girl ,her age?'

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a little confused - what do you mean by keeping my age steady?

well it shows member since 5 months..so was wondering...and you mentioned jan...hub hiding girl's hub age???????...not fair smile

Haha no, I was on another account but moved some of my hubs over... I wasn't happy with the account name.

When I signed up I didn't realize how the site worked etc. But once I did, I didn't want my writing name to be what it was.

1. Pcunix profile image91
              Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahh.. another mystery solved.  I was wondering how the heck you wrote all that so fast.

Not that it isn't still an impressive number, of course smile

2. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes Wrylit, the way you direct the newbies is good. My advice is Do the best ; leave the rest to viewers. They decide your income. All the best.

@sarovai well wrylit needs to be acknowledged for that..she is always there to help others , specially the new ones...that is appreciable...

Thank you. (You could acknowledge me by my real name though - wrylilt lol)

lol  wrylilt i meant..oops....you can be good editor btw...

Haha that's why I chose this name.... I get a chance to see who can read lol

lol lol you got me...it is sad that hub doesnot allow me to become your fan twice...

Haha you could just track down all my other accounts and fan 'em! lolol

3. G.Lynn-Carroll profile image60
      G.Lynn-Carrollposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks WryLilt for your help.  I'll keep plodding on !!!

3. sid_candid profile image58
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Interesting Thread this with useful information. WryLilt has always been of great help to new and fellow hubbers. I am a huge fan of you WryLilt. Keep up the good work.

4. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

There is only one way to get paid by Hubpages and that is to apply to Hub Management for permission to write a capstone series.
    $ 25 from what I recall.
    Search for darksides hub on capstone hubs in the search bar above.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That program is now closed if I recall correctly.

5. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

Let me also recommend these Learning Center posts:

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/affi … -hubpages/
    http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/1-2- … s-adsense/
    http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/amazon-capsule/
    http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/ebay-capsule/

And the Learning Center in general offers lots of tips on how to write hubs that are more likely to earn lots of ad revenue big_smile

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And I'd like to add that newbies especially need to read

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/a-gu … cklinking/ before they charge off to make their mark.

Though really they should read and study EVERYTHING in the learning Center before reading any other advice on "How to Make Money" at Hub Pages.

I'd also like to strongly advice newbies to turn on Analytics NOW.  You don't need it now, and might be completely confused as to why you ever would want it, but you will, and when you do want and need it, you will appreciate having the historical data.

By the way, I've been here 4 months.  My Adsense earnings to date are $43.99 from Hubpages and I'm not a particularly "commercial" writer, but they keep increasing in spite of that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)