This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Merging hubs

1. Csanad profile image78
    Csanadposted 7 years ago

Is it worth it to merge hubs together? Will the merged hub get more search engine traffic than the sum of the separate merged hubs?
    For example, say, I want to merge 2 hubs; one is getting 10 SE visitors per day, and the other is getting, say, 4 visitors daily from the search engines. When the two hubs are merged into one larger hub, will it get more than 14 (10+4) SE visitors per day?

1. sunforged profile image76
      sunforgedposted 7 years agoin reply to this

no - probably not.

Your main carrot for search traffic is your title - two titles should perform better than one title with all other factors being equal.

2. lakeerieartists profile image76
      lakeerieartistsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would say no.

You would do better in almost all cases with two hubs on related topics, than one hub that would put both together.  Better yet, make 10 hubs on related topics and interlink them.

2. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 7 years ago

I don't think the traffic will increase after merging the hubs. After merging you immediately lose the traffic to the second hub.

Did you check how both the hubs ranked in google and backlink to those hubs?

3. PR_am profile image56
    PR_amposted 7 years ago

I would add more original content to each individual hub to increase the quality of both. I would also get more relative backlinks to them. I think it would be better to improve the articles than merge them.

Good luck

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 7 years ago

As far I know Google facilitates the bigger hubs a little more. I don't know what other people would say but if these were my hubs I would not merge them if they were big enough [at least 600 word] rather I would used a link capsule in both of them and interlink the hubs and if possible I would make another hub which would look like an index with a decent amount of words. You can check this hub of mine. These series of my hubs gets a very good amount of traffic from search engines everyday but unfortunately HP disabled ads in these for being written in sensitive issues.http://hubpages.com/hub/Suicide-Warning-Signs-Causes-Prevention

5. Csanad profile image78
    Csanadposted 7 years ago

What I meant is, I have two niche hubs and merge them into one, into a more broader topic. I was thinking that there are more keywords in the new, merged hub, so Google might pick it up better.

For example, if I have a hub about apples, and a another about oranges, when I merge them I will have a hub with keywords apples, AND, oranges, AND fruits, whereas for the two hubs I only have one keyword each.

1. PR_am profile image56
      PR_amposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Using a keyword tool, make a research of each keyword to discover  strings of words and phrases people use to search for each keyword. You'd be amazed at how many keywords/phrases you can come up with. Develop these new found keywords on each niche.  That way you have more targeted keywords/key phrases for your apples hub and for oranges.

I think the more targeted your keywords are for a particular niche the better the results.

6. shazwellyn profile image61
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

Content is king but I have found that three smaller series hubs that can be linked together by grouping is a far better option.

7. lrohner profile image81
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I agree with Sunforged. However, if I had a hub on oranges and another on apples, I would still write a broader hub on fruits in general and link to the others.

working